Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 08:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hey all/ Help?

not sure if this should be here or in Technical Discussion, but i was hoping someone could help me with a UI issue? Or point me to the right place to find what i need to sort it myself.

Basically my UI/ all options and settings windows are completely transparent? to the point where if i open a tab or something with a drop down menu i can't read the text because it overlaps with whatever it dropped over. There doesn't seem to be a background to any of the windows. (opacity sliders didn't help)

I thought this was normal until i watched someone else playing

thanks
Old 12-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

You have to right click on them and enabled TEXTURE and then right click again and choose a color. I like color 20/20/20 on the red /green / blue because it is easy to remember and looks fine.

The UI situation really sucks ass right now. There was a change to force UI in order to disable the unclassic upgraded UI's people have been using, but the result is that we have the worst user interface that everquest has ever had. Not only does it take quite a bit of time to get right, it looks like shit even after you have it dialed in.

Would kill for forced original stone style user interface, which I used as long as it was available on live. By the time it was gone there were other options available.

Its a tough pill to swallow every time a quality of life issue hits me in the ballz with this game.

There is probably a great article in the wiki made by Loramin or something about this topic.

Another thing you will want to look into is your /viewport if you run a 4:3 aspect ratio viewport you can really see a lot more in the game (it is designed for 4:3) and then you open up black areas around your view window to put all of your user interface junk in. So you end up with an insanely un classic user interface anyways that simply takes a long time to set up.

Pro guys will set up their UI with all of their bags open and their inventory open at all times in addition to a couple of chat windows. I think that multiple bags being open is NON classic but I don't know if there is a way for this to be forced. Same with your inventory being open.

Best of luck. Its a struggle but Project 1999 is worth it (Sorta!) I wish it was easier but the game is becoming less and less compatible with modern systems and resolutions so the text is hard to see, ETC. ETC.

Its doable.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-28-2020 at 03:09 PM..
Closed Thread