Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 08:30 PM
Large Rat

Default New player with really bad memory

Hello everyone!

I've just started playing a few days ago and im having a blast. I played up until shadows of Luclin back in the day and I was REALLY bad at the game (also really young)

I've been wandering Halas with a new shaman called Khorneflakes, doing some tradeskills for the first time and learning just how MANY quests i didnt know there were in this game.

Are there any leveling guilds interested in having another shaman?

PD: the wiki on the site is really awesome
Old 01-05-2021, 10:36 PM
Banned

Luclin is not too far from this version but its different.

I would feel immersed in the world first. And not try to be the best. Do what you want and also let yourself figure it out on your own time.

Oh yea I forgot to say. Finding noobie guilds is easy. There may only usually be one or two but always at least one.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are there any leveling guilds interested in having another shaman?

<Castle> is your best bet
Old 01-06-2021, 02:23 AM
Large Rat

Thanks!, I just got to level 10 and completed a few quests in Halas. I think I'll farm a bunch of those gnolls for the teeth.

I've already met a few generous players. Looks like the community is pretty similar to how it was back then.

So far so good!
Old 01-06-2021, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

oof i wish i was u rn
Old 01-06-2021, 12:27 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oof i wish i was u rn
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the "play nice policy" on the MOTD. On the other hand, people are cool and everything is chill because we are in Halas.

Please dont shoot
Old 01-06-2021, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Halas is always a good community. When everyone is about 7 feet tall, all the ladies have double D's and everyone is shirtless and muscle bound with bear hats its really hard not to get along.

Enjoy the good times pal.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:28 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halas is always a good community. When everyone is about 7 feet tall, all the ladies have double D's and everyone is shirtless and muscle bound with bear hats its really hard not to get along.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Enjoy the good times pal.
I LOL'd... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halas is one of my favorite starting areas, even though it is large and very spread out instead of a square yard filled with thousands of mobs. The only complaint I would have is that I think this server is REALLY over doing the night blindness. I have played many Humans and Barbarians over the years, so I am well aware that it can be quite difficult to begin, but my first night on this server was INSANE. There are times where you literally cannot even make out anything on screen. Pitch black... and it was never that bad during classic. You could always squint and get closer to the screen to make things out... here I might as well play with my feet and my monitor turned off.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I LOL'd... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halas is one of my favorite starting areas, even though it is large and very spread out instead of a square yard filled with thousands of mobs. The only complaint I would have is that I think this server is REALLY over doing the night blindness. I have played many Humans and Barbarians over the years, so I am well aware that it can be quite difficult to begin, but my first night on this server was INSANE. There are times where you literally cannot even make out anything on screen. Pitch black... and it was never that bad during classic. You could always squint and get closer to the screen to make things out... here I might as well play with my feet and my monitor turned off.
I noticed that too. But maybe it is just the difference in blacks/light between CRT monitors and the new ones. Anyways, a friendly half elf gave me a greater lightstone.

Im close to lvl 12 and I already bought most of lvl 14 and 19 spells. Should I move elsewhere? I remember going to Oasis/Crushbone back in the day, are those still the best spots to find a group?
Closed Thread