Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

As if 99% of us couldn't type the same diatribe about everquest
Old 08-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't get a world first on something that was done in 2005.

I already "beat" WoW (#1 US shadowpriest). I'm not going back.
#1 S-priest for what exactly? I notice people make these claims before achievements were released. Once that happened, Blizzard became the keeper of player records, making claims irrefutable or easily debunked.

Player measured success is something I've learned to be leery of in games just because there's a widespread history of skewed records. It's not just MMORPG games, just about every gaming platform has had doctored records.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 08-22-2019, 06:51 PM
Kobold

How is it possible we have so many #1 players and top guild people. What happened to all the people that were just average.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if 99% of us couldn't type the same diatribe about everquest
I read this as diabetic
Old 08-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read this as diabetic
As a type 1 diabetic, I take umbrage with this statement.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Aviak

Can we get back to the meat of this conversation? I think we can eek out another 40 pages if we keep on task here fellas.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

TL;DR

Riot called out Aftermath repeatedly for never offering up mobs and being the toxic cock-blockers that always prevent casuals from experiencing content or getting opportunities to learn encounters.

Aftermath responded by offering the top tier ToV mobs every other cycle, calling Riot's bluff. Aftermath's proposal had no conditions or restrictions attached other than Riot adhere to the same standard.

Riot declined, and is currently working behind the scenes to try and find a way to spin their refusal back onto the "Aftermath is bad" narrative they need to paint by deflecting the discussion away from their rapid decline from server heroes to pixel hungry assholes, becoming the beast they once despised.

Riot spent months accusing Aftermath of being gloating, zergling, sore winners who were toxic on RnF. They now appear blind to their hypocrisy and justify their about-face with the reasoning "Yeah but you guys did it too!", while ignoring the fact they were supposed to be better than us.

It was always going to happen but I expected it to take longer than two months.

See you in another 40 pages.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:13 PM
Kobold

I'm naming my mage on WoW NicolasMage
Old 08-22-2019, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL;DR

Riot called out Aftermath repeatedly for never offering up mobs and being the toxic cock-blockers that always prevent casuals from experiencing content or getting opportunities to learn encounters.

Aftermath responded by offering the top tier ToV mobs every other cycle, calling Riot's bluff. Aftermath's proposal had no conditions or restrictions attached other than Riot adhere to the same standard.

Riot declined, and is currently working behind the scenes to try and find a way to spin their refusal back onto the "Aftermath is bad" narrative they need to paint by deflecting the discussion away from their rapid decline from server heroes to pixel hungry assholes, becoming the beast they once despised.

Riot spent months accusing Aftermath of being gloating, zergling, sore winners who were toxic on RnF. They now appear blind to their hypocrisy and justify their about-face with the reasoning "Yeah but you guys did it too!", while ignoring the fact they were supposed to be better than us.

nah.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TL;DR

That’s the worst TL;DR ever. Seek help
Closed Thread