Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 06:05 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littul Jonn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was a DKP bidding war over the top raiders in AG as far as I know so that had a part to play.
AM offered a DKP signing bonus and instant full membership.

Riot offered nothing.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by angfonz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM offered a DKP signing bonus and instant full membership.

Riot offered nothing.
Did AG offer to allow you to keep both testicles?
Old 08-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding was that the dragon root mechanics were used as a way to move away from the zone in pulls which frequently caused petitions and also as a way to make guilds prioritize targets- since the time taken would increase, which in theory would allow the possibility of another guild a opportunity to work toward a target if it was up.

The first earthquake after the change when there were more guilds in ToV than now and the change in theory allowed those smaller guilds to work toward a target while those bigger guilds were working toward a target.

Now, however the mechanics benefit a zerg or more players. More players allow you to leapfrog, set up quicker and ultimately get targets more easily at varied times.

If you were to end the root and go back to old mechanics the problem is the raid scene still greatly benefits those bigger guilds. When you have 5+ members going for the FTE in a large guild vs 1 or 2 FTE'ers of a small guild, it still benefits the large guild.

Anyway you cut it, the end raid scene benefits larger guilds. Not saying that's wrong or unfair, it's just what it is.

The question I think to satisfy all parties is how to have a healthy playing environment, competition and opportunities for different playing styles/schedules an enjoyable experience.

Could be wrong. I don't pretend to know the answer to this riddle of where we are at. However it seems the majority of the server are unhappy with what has become. Some do not mind the zerg others find it a unenjoyable experience. Granted if you are getting the majority of the targets of course you would be happy compared to not getting targets
Old 08-22-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

more earthquakes is the best solution.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Could be. From what I can make of it, the earthquakes makes guilds prioritize a target and allow other guilds a chance at a target. Pretty much a reactive strategy to large guilds dominating the majority of the content and smaller guilds looking to enjoy more targets with their status quo.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"They don’t fucking give Ferraris away, son! They make ’em by hand.” - Joe Rogan
Old 08-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24kanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"They don’t fucking give Ferraris away, son! They make ’em by hand.” - Joe Rogan
More hand made earthquakes.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldschoolplayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were to end the root and go back to old mechanics the problem is the raid scene still greatly benefits those bigger guilds. When you have 5+ members going for the FTE in a large guild vs 1 or 2 FTE'ers of a small guild, it still benefits the large guild.
When did you have 5+ members of the same guild going for FTE?

In the old meta having giant numbers didn’t give you an advantage because you could only have a **maximum** of two players in North ToV or be DQ’d on a spawn. You’d have to prioritize where to place those two CoTH mages, group then with an FTE’r, have a guy on hub tag, and that’s it. Anybody from the raid could hall tag.

Four. People.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:51 AM
Aviak

Inbefore people complain I didn’t mention a possible backup/secondary and trainup bringing the total to a zerg of six people.
Closed Thread