Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Green will come out after the discord server
Old 08-22-2019, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

That green is the discord server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, I don't like clicking too many buttons or being forced to aim much in games. I want time to enjoy each input and focus on strategy. Combat and healing mechanics are too basic in EQ though; it could be much more interesting, without being spammy and requiring a bunch of hotbars.

An even bigger problem though is the content itself. Everything being static means there's no real adventure left. The game would be so much better if NPC's spawned differently and itemization worked differently. Being surprised by multiple NPC's spawning when you thought only 1 would spawn somewhere, or spawning faster than you expected, or having abilities you didn't expect, etc - this would make the gameplay more dynamic. And if useful item drops were spread out better in the game world, and the "big item" drops and/or NPC spawns never happened in the exact same place (with a few exceptions, like the Gods or the biggest Dragons), it means people would focus on more of the game content, instead of just camping the same room, exactly where they know something will drop.
This.

-Opehy
Old 08-22-2019, 09:28 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

-Opehy
that would be cool if pantheon did this. I was going through a hard time while vanguard came out; so I don't really remember what was wrong with it. I think it was too much like WOW so people figured they would just go play WOW. But it would be cool.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that would be cool if pantheon did this. I was going through a hard time while vanguard came out; so I don't really remember what was wrong with it. I think it was too much like WOW so people figured they would just go play WOW. But it would be cool.
VG ran like a steaming pile of shit on not out of date hardware at launch. Constant crashes, atleast in the dwarf area. Quests didn't work. That damn card game was ridiculous at the start. I want to say crafting wasn't fully fleshed out. A bunch of recipes didn't work with crafting. Swathes of areas weren't populated. That launch was basically worst case scenario.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-23-2019, 04:37 PM
Orc

would be a shame if there is some law in the universe that says MMO's can only be good if they have *****y graphics.

*****y but still the best.

sorry I edited again because I said the C word. Didn't think it was too much of cursing but I edited out anyway.

Reply to reponse, yea I love EQ graphics. Honestly would never wish to change them.
Last edited by Orionsaight; 08-23-2019 at 05:01 PM..
Old 08-23-2019, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be a shame if there is some law in the universe that says MMO's can only be good if they have crappy graphics.

crappy but still the best.
Well back when graphics didn’t match the imagination they had to really focus on game play....
Old 08-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An even bigger problem though is the content itself. Everything being static means there's no real adventure left. The game would be so much better if NPC's spawned differently and itemization worked differently. Being surprised by multiple NPC's spawning when you thought only 1 would spawn somewhere, or spawning faster than you expected, or having abilities you didn't expect, etc - this would make the gameplay more dynamic. And if useful item drops were spread out better in the game world, and the "big item" drops and/or NPC spawns never happened in the exact same place (with a few exceptions, like the Gods or the biggest Dragons), it means people would focus on more of the game content, instead of just camping the same room, exactly where they know something will drop.
That is actually a very fun idea, I like it too. One of the aspects of World of Warcraft which made it a little thrilling, is that a really nice blue item could drop off of any mob of the appropriate level. There was always the small chance that one random gorilla kill in Stranglethorn Vale would yield a 50 gold auction house item.
How much fun would it be to be killing dervish bandits in North Ro and one of them drops J boots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Orc

I like the idea of changing item dropping around a bit but not to the level of WOW. I still like the idea of thinking each item is important. When I get new items all the time in a game like WOW, it feels like there isn't much importance in it. Random piece of small bronze rarely dropping in crushbone sounds cool to me. /shrugs. I was going to comment on the other post about this. I think there are two types of EverQuest. One with easy access to items and one with not. Both are good. (Honestly ive not had much experience without items. Leveled a mage to 49 basically with no gear. That's about it.) But im not COMPLETELY against just raising the drop of almost decent items (Bronze/banded) in noobie zones by 2 percent. I think EQ is a great game but I don't think change is always a bad thing. I think change in EQ has mostly just been a bad thing.

Edit: I think the most important thing I was agreeing with zuranthium was what if dragoon dirk dropped off a random named spawn in slaver camp and not just in castle, in crushbone.
Last edited by Orionsaight; 08-23-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 08-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Banned

Biggest wants/hopes?

Ogre Sham - Guise.
Troll SK - Guise.
Ogre War - Guise.
Woodelf Ranger - Guise.
Halfling Druid - Guise.

Let them marinate at lvl 1 for 3 years, dump to Blue (presumably), and then twink.
Closed Thread