Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 11:42 AM
Kobold

I'd kind of like a DE Mask on a paladin, but lol @ leveling a paladin before the stupid exp penalty is removed.

Other than that? I guess Troll shaman.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people really don't know that there were over a million accounts created to play p1999 over the years?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if green99 will be like a Diablo launch and nobody will get to log in for like a week because of server issues.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:38 PM
Banned

Red pop will terrorize green just for the bluebie tears
Old 06-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The issue will really be over-, not under-population.
Again, this one really depends on what will happen to Green at the end of its Velious timeline life cycle. If they stick to the old plan they mentioned, all the players are dumped on Blue and Green recycles fresh. And if that's the fuggin' case, a LOT of people are just going to stay on blue and farm with a lower pop that's temporary. Green will just be a classic timeline novelty and nothing more.

Also, I think Classic WoW is going to snag a sizeable portion of the people who would have potentially played/stayed on P1999's servers. Say a prayer for their souls when they find out Blizz was pulling numbers out of their butts and discover that mob AC, damage values, and loot drop rates are NOT classic at all.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 06-14-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Old 06-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red pop will terrorize green just for the bluebie tears
Yeah, those 50 people will be a force to be reckoned with....
Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol all these people thinking that Green will be low or die off. This server is going to be maxed the fuck out from day 1. Everybody be climbing in like it's the last fallout shelter during a nuclear strike.

Ya'll are going to find out what it's like to camp scalded rats in Dagnors because everything is gonna be cleared.

I agree it's gonna be loaded, but you people really don't know that there were over a million accounts created to play p1999 over the years? How many of those players are gonna come back to try Green? A shitload I promise you. And all it will take is a few thousand to burn the fucker to the ground.
You think there's going to be anything even remotely close to being remotely close to being remotely close to 1 million players? It's a pointless number in this case. You don't even know how many of the people who made all these accounts are still alive, let alone how many plan to play p99.

Green will probably have 2-3000 people on it at the start, which is a pretty accurate number. Yes, it will be overpopulated. Let me remind every delusional paradiser of when WoW came out and you had to spend an hour doing 1 quest because of all the other people also doing it. Meanwhile Blizzard is rolling in billions of dollars. People will level, the playerbase will spread, some people will stop playing so hardcore, some will quit.. etc etc. It's going to be oversaturated for a while, yes, but that's why camps were created. There is a reason orc1 and derv1 are special memories to veteran live players. It's not because you can just run around claiming 100 spare roamers like on blue.
Last edited by Keza; 06-15-2019 at 04:37 PM.. Reason: Sprelling
Old 06-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

https://youtu.be/9QGQtJL7hSk
Old 06-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You think there's going to be anything even remotely close to being remotely close to being remotely close to 1 million players? It's a pointless number in this case. You don't even know how many of the people who made all these accounts are still alive, let alone how many plan to play p99.

Green will probably have 2-3000 people on it at the start, which is a pretty accurate number. Yes, it will be overpopulated. Let me remind every delusional paradiser of when WoW came out and you had to spend an hour doing 1 quest because of all the other people also doing it. Meanwhile Blizzard is rolling in billions of dollars. People will level, the playerbase will spread, some people will stop playing so hardcore, some will quit.. etc etc. It's going to be oversaturated for a while, yes, but that's why camps were created. There is a reason orc1 and derv1 are special memories to veteran live players. It's not because you can just run around claiming 100 spare roamers like on blue.
Never did I suggest or even imply that 1 million accounts would be online for Green. It was a figure used to help people who seem to think it will be underpopulated understand that even a tiny fraction of those offline accounts coming back would set fire to the server.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Found this gem of a post when red99 launched lmao

"either way wand kiting was no more a sploit than a handful of bards powering their entire afk guild to high 20s/low 30s in 2 days via pulling all of south karana."

Green gonna be pleasant as f
Closed Thread