Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Orc

Pvp teams would be awesome. Also, it would be cool if hybrid xp penalty was kept removed or lowered. I know this might sound like blasphemy but (im not 100% certain on this) if hybrids xp penalty is kept then there will be a giant switch in power over a long period of time; rather than a gradual change. What I mean is, I imagine hybrids as great pvpers and guardians and if it takes forever to get them as good chars, then there will be a dramatic switch rather then a paladin slowly catching up to casters. Hm... I just realized this doesn't matter so much if it starts in classic. Oh well, /shrugs. It really wont bother me though.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Classic influenced server that aims at stopping at Velious however may progress to Luclin or have a third server that progress to Luclin and beyond.

Comes with custom content such as:

-Completion of things that were never finished - quests, areas in the game etc.
-Some instanced areas
-New mobs
-New items
-A better and reworked combat system
-No Multi questing
-Items that were removed for being too overpowered are either never introduced or remain on the server indefinitely
-No raid rules especially that ridiculous stipulation that you cannot be past a certain area in a zone should your guild want to slay a mob
-Mob AE limit right from the start
-No server reset

As well as fixes to things that didn't get patched until after Velious yet are sorely needed.

I already played EverQuest classic twice, I don't need to play it again and I don't particularly want to relive the last decade of needless drama when we have the opportunity to do something different for once.

Maybe Nilbog and Rogean can succeed where Smedley and Sony failed - keeping classic era MMORPG gaming alive and interesting without living the past.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 08-06-2019 at 05:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2019, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hope for green:

Characters don't get "recycled" back into Blue at the end of the server.

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Old 08-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

The plan is probably to recycle into red, once it's confirmed to be pvp teams.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hope for green:

Agreed - and this is a smaller aspect of the completely pointless endeavor to have two 'classic' servers.
Nothing is gained by starting another one. It only splits an already low population community, while it adds more necessity for resources of CSR, staff and logistics. There's also an increased server hosting and hardware cost.

People whom want to play only classic will still have blue.

Also, it's like everyone forgot Blue isn't finished yet.
Possibly the most important patch in Classic era has yet to be released, and here they are wagging the dog about a new server, yet never explained why the 2001 October patch wasn't released in full.

Fishy..
Old 08-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Oh we're coming, choo chooo!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I promise it wont ruin blue, blue has been a farm for 10 years. Blue is the most broken server in the history of everquest, and it works great!

There is no way green99 merging into blue will have any affect whatsoever on you other than you will see a few more dark elf rangers than you do now.

I understand your worries but trust me, you cant destroy blue, blue is as strong as Jack Lalanne and will be around twice as long as him, and that says a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Orc

can I just say, sorry if I sound annoying posting about new pvp server all the time; but ill play whatever it is as long as its 92 percent classic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

#1 hope - Custom modifications everywhere, with an emphasis on making the game more dynamic, more interactive, and less of a mind-numbing camp fest. EQ in its present form is stale and tedious and not even an RPG. The NPC's and mechanics need to be changed to make it more unpredictable and engaging. Make the game that original EQ was trying to be, not the one it turned into and was limited from becoming; don't adhere to the narrowness of the original coding.

That's not going to happen though. So, realistically:

#2 hope - A classic timeline server that resets and actually includes every aspect of the pre-Kunark classic code. That way people can at least get a sense of what the game was like for people who played in 1999, every 3 years while server is in that phase. If the server wants to remain relevant past that phase, then it should never implement the Play Nice Policy that happened after 1 year, and instead let the Kunark and Velious eras be more free, creating a more interesting gaming experience than what Blue server offers.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
My hope for green:

Also no hybrid penalties, plskthx.
Old 08-06-2019, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

This is why i really like the idea of a Everquest server that is Norrath but unfamiliar again! Mix up loot tables and factions and you've got a whole new Norrath to explore and rediscover!

Community getting all involved to discover who drops manastone and guise at launch, or keep it a secret! Oh the sense of discovery and wonder would be returned.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread