Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default Everlore.com

Does anybody know how to contact the original people behind Everlore?

Let me know.

I'm putting together an EQ mirror / archive web resource and Everlore was a wonderful site.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anybody know how to contact the original people behind Everlore?

Let me know.

I'm putting together an EQ mirror / archive web resource and Everlore was a wonderful site.
Everlore was my jam back in the day. I would sit on it everyday in study hall and print maps out for my map binder haha. I loved the pic of the day and little witty things people would post.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 08-19-2019, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

If you can't contact them, go boldly forward and see if anyone crawls out of the woodwork... I can't imagine they'd mind you cloning a dead site.

Where other people put their crazy comments on Allakhazam in terms of what they thought quest parts were for etc... mine went on Everlore <3
Old 08-19-2019, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can't contact them, go boldly forward and see if anyone crawls out of the woodwork... I can't imagine they'd mind you cloning a dead site.

Where other people put their crazy comments on Allakhazam in terms of what they thought quest parts were for etc... mine went on Everlore <3
I want to contact them because I'd like to ask them for site backups etc, especially the database and whatnot. Precisely for the comments and all that stuff.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Everlore was so good. I feel it's definitely underrated now after all this time
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 08-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Go look up the domain name registration history and hopefully its a dude and not a company that registered it for him. This was back in the day so there wasn't a lot of domain registry sites; you had to do it the hard way.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately a lot of the old sites are truly gone, even from the Wayback machine. This is especially true for forum sites, but it may be true for Everlore also.

Lots of old sites used the same forum system, and that forum system added a "no robots" entry because for whatever reason they didn't want Google spidering their forum posts. Wayback machine respects that entry, so it won't show archived material from sites with it. As a result tons of old forums chock-filled with great EQ info are now truly gone.

So yeah unless you can find the original Everlore guy you're probably out of luck. It's too bad so much great EQ material has been lost to time.

EDIT: Actually it looks like Wayback does have Everlore: https://web.archive.org/web/20041001...*/everlore.com ... does that not have what you need?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-19-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Old 08-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned

Dear Everlore Sir or Madam,

Please give me free content I can sell ads on

Love,
OP
Old 08-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

I bet if a billionaire philanthropist got into the game we could find some records [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-19-2019, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear Everlore Sir or Madam,

Please give me free content I can sell ads on

Love,
OP
That's every fan site/forum on the internet, idiot.