Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

I understand what you are saying but the fact of the matter remains this is the best item in EQ. The penultimate. As good as it gets.
IB's guild bank has 10mill + (considering what zee shifted over to there). Catherine has 15mill + banked from her farming. There is plat out there. If they want a pre-nerf staff, I'm here.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The penultimate.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure if this is what Miser was trying to point out, but "penultimate" is used to describe the second to last in a series (latin: paene - almost, ultimus - last), implying that pre-nerf is the second best item on the server. Pretty sure penultimate is the most misused word in undergrad history papers.

Also, bump for seller!
Old 04-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Interestingly enough, I actually did use penultimate in the correct grammatical sense. I was meaning this is the best item in EQ sans artifact, one per server GM reward items - think Oakwynd bow that was awarded to the BoTB ranger winners on each server. In that regard the pre-nerf staff would be a lesser item. I think I'm getting across what I was trying to signify with using that word.
Anyway, bump for a pre-nerf staff for sale.
Last edited by KentalCowtipper; 04-24-2014 at 12:14 AM..
Old 04-23-2014, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

There are a lot of items that are better, though. The staff is good, but its price is driven up by lack of supply, not demand.

If there were only 10 Leatherfoot Raider skullcaps on the server, they would sell for millions each.

P.S. Free bump! Haven't seen you around much Kental!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 04-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, I decided over the last 6-9 months that I was getting very bored with the game as it stands. So I haven't been on much. About a week ago I got to thinking - why have an item that is so good just sit and rot? I kicked around the idea of giving it to 1 person but that doesn't seem fair. So after I sell it I'm going to give away 90% of the plat. Remember my 250 person trivia event a couple years ago? Like that, but on a much bigger scale. I'll bank the remainder on the off chance I come back for velious.

I get the principle you're trying to go for with the Leatherfoot cap and true, if they were limited in number the price would be way higher. But you're neglecting the fact that it is useful in a very small number of situations. The staff is much more useful in the majority of situations. I've leveled countless alts to 30 plus, very fast, with merely a fungi tunic and self regrowth.
Also, have you ever seen what a necro (or properly geared iksar monk) can do with the additional self regrowth? Its downright disturbing. That is why the staff was nerfed so fast in the first place. With an 1100 ac plus iksar monk and triple self regen you can solo ALOT. I still think Flippie (back when I had him for a couple years) is the only pure melee on your solo artist challenge list to do stuff solo.
Anyway, the staff can and is a game dynamic changing item in the right hands. Maybe I'll get an offer, maybe not. We'll see.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I am good at remembering things. It's really difficult.

I offer 1.5 million plat
I think this is a good offer...just putting my 2 cents in. Good luck with the sale!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Fire Giant

Bump for an old pal. Thanks again for helping the Battle Buddies out in the past. Sorry to see ya goin.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Banned

holy shit this is in ECT. Mod delete!
Closed Thread