Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

You're a cleric, offer to lull pull and dictate the tempo!
Old 05-17-2018, 08:07 AM
Large Bat

I understand the twinked gear and so forth but I guess my husband talked up about how chill everyone was and how it's more calculated so when people pull like it's damn current World of Warcraft, I get disappointed.

I may have to learn to pull. My fear is not knowing what spawns anywhere. Old players will go "herpa Dee how did you not know that Bob the legendary gnoll of doom spawns there you idiot. Now we wiped" lol
Old 05-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkrangerash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the twinked gear and so forth but I guess my husband talked up about how chill everyone was and how it's more calculated so when people pull like it's damn current World of Warcraft, I get disappointed.

I may have to learn to pull. My fear is not knowing what spawns anywhere. Old players will go "herpa Dee how did you not know that Bob the legendary gnoll of doom spawns there you idiot. Now we wiped" lol
You'll get the fast tempo people from time to time. The silver lining is that they're usually twinked, know what they're doing, or have their main nearby to buff and rez. So the exp flies by.

Not every group is like that though. I was in a chilled out group last night where we just took our time. This game is the only one that allows me to drink beer with a bunch of strangers on Discord.

You also won't be expected to pull unless you're a Monk, Ranger, or a tank. If I don't know how to pull a zone/dungeon, I tell my group that. It's anecdotal, but I've never had someone make fun of me for that. Almost always someone jumps up and shows me the pulling method for the camp.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll get the fast tempo people from time to time. The silver lining is that they're usually twinked, know what they're doing, or have their main nearby to buff and rez. So the exp flies by.

Not every group is like that though. I was in a chilled out group last night where we just took our time. This game is the only one that allows me to drink beer with a bunch of strangers on Discord.

You also won't be expected to pull unless you're a Monk, Ranger, or a tank. If I don't know how to pull a zone/dungeon, I tell my group that. It's anecdotal, but I've never had someone make fun of me for that. Almost always someone jumps up and shows me the pulling method for the camp.
That's really great advice. Thank you
Old 05-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Fire Giant

It was somewhat of a joke tho; you probably shouldn't be pulling on a Cleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] your husband can pull with the mage depending on camps. Otherwise it's how you chat and leadership. As a Cleric if you say "oom next pull you die" that should slow things down.. however some monks will just continue pulling and FD watching you die.. if possible get a puller that dies well, like a ranger or a Bard, they listen better? ^^
Old 05-18-2018, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a Cleric if you say "oom next pull you die" that should slow things down.
This is a good point.

As a new Cleric, you're probably not used to calling out your mana pool. Which is understandable, especially if you're used to playing games where other players can clearly see your mana pool.

However, classic EQ is an old grandpa and if your mana gets below like 50% you should let your group know. It allows the puller to slow down or stop pulling entirely and rest.

If you have a steady and comfortable group, the puller will get tunnel vision and pull non-stop until the Cleric tells the group "20m" (20% mana).

And what the Cleric says, goes. You give the group life and you can certainly take it away. Clerics are like frustrated and angry black moms. You don't want to be on their bad side.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play Ogre Shaman
Female ogre

Become brut wife he best ogre sk on server

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Banned

We honestly need some female ogre cosplay.

I'm not sure it's possible to accurately pull off the look though.

But I want it so bad.
Closed Thread