Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryhole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This really should have its own sticky. I've started to see some crashing issues but also have a really old install that had EQLite run on it as well as the high-res texture pack and the transparency/visor fix applied. (Made sure to verify the client wasn't consuming over 2GB of memory and that was not the case.)
Just to clarify, the Titanium client physically can't use 2 GB of system memory - what you'd want to look for as to what would indicate a potential crash is more like 1.5 GB. I think the threshold is somewhere around 1.8 GB before it actually throws an exception and crashes.

It's possible that texture caching has something to do with crashing, but we can only guess as to what kind of issues it'd be causing. Perhaps an old texture cache is somehow conflicting with the new textures and causing the client to use too much system memory. If this is the case, you'll want to clear out your cache by doing the following (disclaimer: this may or may not actually solve anything):

1. Disable texture caching via the login screen options menu (make sure to click Finish).
2. Reload the client and fully sign into the game.
3. Camp out of the game and close the client (do not /quit).
4. Enable texture caching via the login screen options menu (make sure to click Finish).
5. Reload the client and fully sign into the game.
6. Camp out of the game and close the client (do not /quit).
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for good measure.

Also, there is some install info on our wiki page now (and a reveal of the TAKP version of EQ Classic HD): http://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 03-15-2018 at 05:55 PM..
Old 03-17-2018, 04:03 PM
Kobold

I was messing around with the takp client a few days earlier, where texture caching had an in-game toggle. (Coming back to p99 I wasn't sure the setting was even valid as I was too lazy to look in the login options/.ini file) I had similar issues on takp when using the updated models from this thread. I think over time the cache has just replaced itself as the crashes haven't happened for a long time now.

That said, I would say the official high res zone texture update, the helm transparency patch as well as this character model texture update have all played nicely together.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryhole [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was messing around with the takp client a few days earlier, where texture caching had an in-game toggle. (Coming back to p99 I wasn't sure the setting was even valid as I was too lazy to look in the login options/.ini file)
It's definitely possible that enabling/disabling texture caching in the Titanium client doesn't actually do anything - I haven't tested this extensively enough to know for sure. The texture compression setting definitely doesn't do anything, and it's possible that mipmapping is always enabled regardless of the client setting.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do I edit this to show the original gurdian robe gfx? Feels much better.
Load the original Titanium global_chr.s3d in EQ-Zip and export clk701-706.bmp. Now load our global_chr.s3d in EQ-Zip and import the extracted textures, selecting overwrite, with auto-convert to DDS disabled in preferences. Save the S3D and put it in your EQ directory if it isn't already there.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
export clk701-706.bmp
Oh also you want auto-convert to PNG when exporting disabled in preferences.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Default Small update

EQClassicHD v0.3: download link

fixed center buckler/rivet:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fixed seams:
Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Default Update

EQClassicHD v0.4: download link

install.bat will now run the entire transparency patching process detailed here which will patch various transparency/coloring issues across all S3Ds.

fixed veil transparency (unfortunately nothing can be done about the helm clipping):

did some work on one of the kunark hammer textures used on sarnak warhammer/worker's sledgemallet & truncheon of doom/hammer of the dragonborn - increased resolution from 128x128 to 256x256 to match the other texture used on those models, and fixed the seam on the two-handed version:

corrected the orientation of classic wooden round shield front and back textures - for some reason they were both 90 degrees off-kilter.

EQ Classic HD wiki: wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD
Old 04-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

BUMP
Old 04-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

This is great!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

you look cross eyed