Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Estu,

You need AIMABLE or higher with Kandin or else he'll eat your powder (found out the hard way lols).
Incorrect. I did the quest as suggested in this thread (i.e. just do the beginning of the quest as in the wiki, do not farm faction) and I got a successful turn-in with indifferent faction:

[Sat Aug 17 16:51:47 2013] Targeted (NPC): Kandin Firepot
[Sat Aug 17 16:51:47 2013] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
*Here, I hand in the note*
[Sat Aug 17 16:51:53 2013] Kandin Firepot says, 'Brother! I have one of those. He's great, but he's dead. His name was Gabstik and he was a really powerful wizard. I still have one of his greatest possessions! Hey, I know! You can help me with my greatest firework! I need you to get me a skin to put the powder from my firework in. That's the only thing I can think of to use though I cannot get myself. I need a skin that is dry and brittle, yet can still be shaped. So go fetch me some and I'll scratch your back.'
[Sat Aug 17 16:52:11 2013] Targeted (NPC): Kandin Firepot
[Sat Aug 17 16:52:11 2013] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
*Here, I hand in the powder and receive the staff*
[Sat Aug 17 16:52:13 2013] Kandin Firepot says, 'Great, this is it! Here, take this, it was my brother's. Now I must be off to work! Oh, wait, wait! I need my bag back! '
[Sat Aug 17 16:52:13 2013] Your faction standing with TrueSpirit got better.
[Sat Aug 17 16:52:18 2013] Kandin Firepot regards you indifferently -- he appears to be quite formidable.

So he was indiff even after the turn-in. Maybe you didn't do the first steps? Maybe you decreased your True Spirit faction somehow before doing it? Maybe you did it before some kind of faction reworking? Not sure.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Sorry for the late reply - I have a bad habit of posting in threads and just never following up with comments haha.

You are correct in your presumption that I never did the first half of the quest (buying the oil, etc, etc) and skipped straight to just having the powder. I'm betting that initial quest is supposed to put you in the sweet spot for faction (high indifference?) so that Kandin will reply to you. As a chronically low on plat individual I did the route of questing peg-leg over again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am also a human/inny worshiper so that might have had something to do with my initial TS faction setting. From my recollection this was initially at apprehensive.