Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default Where to charm as a 45 druid?

I decided to pick up my druid after a long hiatus and I figured I'd try charming Kedge. However, I'm too high for first floor (mostly green) and I think I'm too low for second floor. So far I've had to gate once and I've died three times, and have gotten zero kills. Here how it's gone for me:

1) Get some buffs up
2) Go IVA
3) Go into the west room. Other rooms have passages to other floors (had a problem with this where a mob on another floor was CHing a mob I was fighting) or have two spawns passing through them; west room just has the hammerhead.
4) Try to charm the hammerhead. This goes wrong a lot. There's not a lot of room, so if I just straight-up try to charm it, it aggroes and interrupts me. If I root it, it takes me a while to swim to a spot where it can't reach me (meanwhile I take damage), then root breaks early and I have to reroot, reswim, etc. I end up getting killed trying to gate out.

I've also gotten crit resists lulling that have pulled the entire floor.

So I suspect that I'm a bit low for here, but I'd still like to charm. Any good areas to do this in? At what level would you suggest going back to second floor Kedge (or should I do Kedge right now, but am doing it wrong)? People have told me to go quad but quadding spots tend to be overcamped and quadding is less fun (also less efficient without a lumi staff).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

What I did at that level was the south room down the tube. You can wait for the pathing of the Pirahna and shark so that they go into the west/north rooms, and the charm a swordfish in the main room and spam pet back to get him into the south room and down the tube to the safe room.

Once it's in the safe room, ideally with just 1 other swordfish, you can root that and then med up for any breaks. If you kill those 2 then you can charm the roaming Pirahna from a distance and have him fight the shark. Keep shark rooted and whatnot.

Breaking that camp is certainly the hardest thing. Once it's broke it's much more manageable.

There are 1-2 peculiar piercer awordfish on the second floor that have longer respawn timers. So sometimes there are 4 or 3 piercers in the main room. I'm not quite sure why or if that's correct. If there's 4 breaking it is very difficult and you end up needing to hope for roots and charms to last awhile. A few bad breaks are tough to overcome. If it's just the two though it's doable.

Come 52 that camp becomes tons easier with a longer lasting root and a charm that doesn't take 8 seconds to cast.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the tips. So were you actually doing this camp at level 45 or did you start later?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I was doing it at 45. Did it back before they revamped the zone and I had to pull to entrance. Otherwise you got all sorts of ridiculous trains, and if you ever got hit by melee with your back in a wall you'd get pushed into the wall and stuck there until you died.

It was some good fun.

You could just clear the entry room and snare pull to zone in to break the 2nd floor. Just snare a mob as is paths through the center of the 2nd floor room, while you're in the tube, and immediately swim to entrance. Wait there and snare whatever else comes swimming and then zone out.

Charm the mob that's snared in the first floor room and send it on the mob snared in the tube.

Could break it that way. Just be aware that mobs ignore z axis and will hit you in the tube so you have to try your best to get out of the tube ASAP.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

At level 45 the strategy for charming in kedge should be to load up Ring of Feerott, run to the river and kill the two roaming bouncers by root/rot until you hit level 51. You will make more exp and more money than you do in kedge.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Root rotting is quite possibly the worst means of exping in P99. The only worse option would be meleeing a mob.

Root rotting ogre guards will take several weeks. If you get kedge down, you can knock it out in a day or two. Just get friendly with a guild cleric who won't mind Rezzing a few of your corpses as you're learning.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:38 AM
Sarnak

Nice to see you got your druid rolling Estu.

At level 45 I was quadding the BB dwarfs. Great XP and great loot. However, if you manage to do Kedge consistently, it could be the best xp in game at that level, as Daldaen said. But it's a zone that drives you nuts sometimes, specially with social aggro.

If you want to try and charm in another zone, the only animals in that level range that come into my mind are the SolB bats, maybe you could give it a try if charm doesn't break too often at that level.

At level 48/49 or so you can move to TD and quadkite the spirocs in there. If you have a Lummy staff it's basically powerlevel until level 53. After that you can try charming in Perm pits or Chardok if you want a bit more of a challengue.

Gav
Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

SolB bats, now that's an idea. Maybe I'll give that a shot if I can't get Kedge rolling.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:09 AM
Kobold

EJ is good till 49 when you can quad spirocs to 51 or 52.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Haha, I don't know why people keep recommending quad locations to me when I've said I don't want to quad.

I've tried EJ though. Wasn't terrible, though a little hard to find enough animals to charm. Would probably be better if I had that charm plants spell.
Closed Thread