Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Default New LoL Patch

Was wondering if any LoL players around here wanted to weigh in with their thoughts on the huge changes to the game in the most recent patch: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/p...-3-patch-notes

I like a lot of these, but some of them I have mixed feelings on. As someone who finds himself playing support a lot (though my first choice is top), I like the increased GP/10 across the board and the rechargeable sentries - it'll be nice to have more items to help out my team and customize my character. And as someone who finds it incredibly boring that everyone goes boots + health potions to start off with and has flash + usually ignite for their spells, I really like the nerf to boots, flash, and ignite: hopefully that will introduce more variation in early builds.

But as someone who occasionally jungled Dr. Mundo and had an enjoyable time of it, I'm pretty leery of these jungle changes. I don't know what exactly the reasoning behind them is - I feel like being able to jungle with a lot of different characters is a lot of fun (not that Mundo himself is necessarily going to no longer be viable jungle), and it just seems like it will be a lot harder to jungle early-game now, with the buffed monsters and the elimination (?) of leashing (and early-game jungling was already taxing, where you had to use five potions in the span of a couple of minutes and run back to base). Moreover, these new items that specifically boost damage against minions seem like a cop-out. It reminds me of these ridiculous stats in newer versions of WoW like "PVP power": instead of having people think about what their goal is (e.g. jungling) and what general stats they should boost to achieve that goal (e.g. armor or armor penetration, which they can put to use against other players later), they just get some item specifically for jungling that has no use outside of it. There is nothing interesting about just having an item that says "buy me for jungling!" - it is the death of thoughtful character customization.

I was wondering if any LoL players had some input.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Banned

Riot changes things for the sake of change.

Every. God. Damned. Season.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Banned

played 1 match it was like w/e. Shop UI needed an upgrade from the pile of shit it was. Itams removed I din't even use half of them but rip bloodrazor.

Patch is *ok* i *guess*
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

sucks penis.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your avatar.

I see you were in those threads as well.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your avatar.

I see you were in those threads as well.
This was from last year, made one for Tiggles too back when he was using julia roberts avatar
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

league of losers

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclyte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
league of losers
h4h4h4h3h3h3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was from last year, made one for Tiggles too back when he was using julia roberts avatar
o
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Fire Giant

After a quick review, it looks like they want to cut down snowballing.

The jungle has always been a issue.They can't seem to get it right or they don't know what direction they want to take it.

Quote:

QFT.
MassiveMarc: Then we will poopsock in the shade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr View Post
Vox was tanked by hughman in plain sight, we found out that the bard could attack tru the wall there(more lucky than exploit) and we just pilled everyone there.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Banned

smoking bath salts
Closed Thread