Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 10:36 PM
Fire Giant

Noticing a trend on Twitter today...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2017, 10:37 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean seriously who thinks being in the top 1% is something america promises every citizen? it takes generations to get there, hence being born in special familial circumstances.
it doesn't though. short of trust funds, $stupid can't fuck this up money, and parents arranging for someone else to manage their finances, you can barely keep old wealth in most of these peoples' hands. people who never worked for what they have tend not to value it. I was top 0.1%+ in my early 20's and although it wasn't inheritance or anything like that, I made some lucky moves and got rich very quickly doing almost nothing. I then proceeded to piss the majority of it away not working and playing video games until I ran out of money and had to work again.
Last edited by Xaanka; 09-09-2017 at 10:41 PM..
Old 09-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
“God Exists! He Drowned All the Neo-Nazis of Texas”
I hear Charlie Hebdo is already working on their next cartoon for Florida.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it doesn't though. short of trust funds, $stupid can't fuck this up money, and parents arranging for someone else to manage their finances, you can barely keep old wealth in most of these peoples' hands. people who never worked for what they have tend not to value it. I was top 0.1%+ in my early 20's and although it wasn't inheritance or anything like that, I made some lucky moves and got rich very quickly doing almost nothing. I then proceeded to piss the majority of it away not working and playing video games until I ran out of money and had to work again.
my point is the ones that dont lose all their money, arnt lucky, they were calculated children of people who made smart decisions in life specifically to build wealth and maintain a family tradition that puts them at the advantage, that libtards think is just luck.

Its simple: If you have shitty parents, you are poor, if you are poor when you die and have kids, you are a shitty parent (unless) you raised your kids to not be jellous of the money others have. meaning wealth doesnt define parenting quality, but raising a kid whos poor but also wants equality as far as wealth and the conomy goes, then you raised a shitty kid and were a shitty parent.

Juris is poor and jellous, hence his posting, and therefor was raised by shitty parents that he secretly holds animosity towards becuse they didnt put him in a situation where he was upset about a scratch on the bottom of his $500,000 pool.

Im not saying you can get rich by having money, Im not saying you cant get rich by not having money, I am saying that if you raise your kids right, give them advantages then they have a better shot than someone who doesnt.

That isnt luck, that is a calculated decision.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it doesn't though. short of trust funds, $stupid can't fuck this up money, and parents arranging for someone else to manage their finances, you can barely keep old wealth in most of these peoples' hands. people who never worked for what they have tend not to value it.
I frankly am tired of hearing sniveling about kids who inherit wealth. If someone works hard, makes sacrifices, takes risks, and is able to accumulate some money, they should absolutely have the right to try to make their children's lives as comfortable as they can, what is more important than taking care of your children?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Banned

You arent born lucky if you're Donald Trump, you're a decision smart people made.

There isnt some magic roulette wheel in the sky and hopefully your number doesn't come up on black before you're born and then out a shoot you go based on your dice roll.

There are real living bags of skin, that either have made good decisions in life and ar making one more (to have you) or they made bad decisions in life, and you are simply another one.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I frankly am tired of hearing sniveling about kids who inherit wealth. If someone works hard, makes sacrifices, takes risks, and is able to accumulate some money, they should absolutely have the right to try to make their children's lives as comfortable as they can, what is more important than taking care of your children?
I mean, I think it is hypocritical to complain about deadbeat dads on one hand, but then bitch about trust fund babies.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:19 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I completely agree but what he's saying about "most of the 1%'s wealth being inherited" is just straight up untrue

reality is once you're grown up past being a kid, you don't need to share your toys with anyone you don't want to.
Old 09-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree -- which is why you can't trust 100% of society to care of themselves. Self-sufficiency is a good personal philosophy and a horrible one for governance. It worked better back when we all farmed the land for a living..that's now how modern societies work. People aren't self sufficient. They are just usually overpaid or underpaid.
You're correct in that you can't trust 100% of a society to care for themselves.

A successful society is built by weeding out its dregs who are incapable of producing something of value and who have failed to build a social safety net. You can't simply incentivize being unsuccessful with gibs -- that only perpetuates the unsuccessful behavior (if that's what you're suggesting. I haven't read exactly what you're proposing).
Old 09-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Noticing a trend on Twitter today...

I hope karma finds those people for putting out hate like that, thinking they're any better.
Closed Thread