Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

stealing the camp like that is not acceptable, and it's stupid too, as per the rules, if you take multiple camp, he just had to ask you to forfeit one for the same goal but without drama and potential reported behavior...
Old 09-27-2016, 04:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Project 1999 Staff does not define what constitutes a camp, and disputes are arbitrated on a case by case basis. A CSR's ruling may be different than previous rulings based on any number of circumstances, including (but not limited to) players involved and their history, behavior / attitude of the players, and facts gathered by the CSR.

In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there.
The rule in the 2nd § mostly applies to item camps, if you're doing ass/sup and exec in lguk and someone comes and wants one you have to choose one of them and let the other to him.

But the rule doesn't apply that easily to some oggok guards, tho only a staff member could have a definitive stance on this.

Anyway the bugger who came pressuring OP to leave is a douche, regardless whether he could do it or not for the staff.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule in the 2nd § mostly applies to item camps, if you're doing ass/sup and exec in lguk and someone comes and wants one you have to choose one of them and let the other to him.

But the rule doesn't apply that easily to some oggok guards, tho only a staff member could have a definitive stance on this.

Anyway the bugger who came pressuring OP to leave is a douche, regardless whether he could do it or not for the staff.
Also true about douche, but the rule still apply as it could be any "camp" as they do not recognize what we call camp. Well bottomline, sorry OP, better luck next time.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of response from whom?
The boards will be a 50/50 split on calling you names and agreeing he's a horrible person.
The staff won't do anything.
His guild, if he had one, I doubt will care but depends on the guild.

Personally I'll keep my eyes open for him. He sounds like a douchebag.
Red has red things happen.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:00 AM
Fire Giant

I would name and shame him.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

I have a new service starting on P99. Check out my new ad in the EC tunnel..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

it applies to any mobs anywhere period. we were in kaesora once doing library ( sitting in front of it) and someone came and started killing mobs on the back side of the library that we had been pulling as well. we petitioned and were told if you cannot line of sight the mobs from where you are sitting they are not part of your camp. argue with the GM's if you want but thems the shakes lads.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it applies to any mobs anywhere period. we were in kaesora once doing library ( sitting in front of it) and someone came and started killing mobs on the back side of the library that we had been pulling as well. we petitioned and were told if you cannot line of sight the mobs from where you are sitting they are not part of your camp. argue with the GM's if you want but thems the shakes lads.
and I agree with this rule completely. I've been having run-ins with groups in mistmoore on one of my alts because ill start picking stuff off in the canyon or inside the castle and usually the pullers for the groups at either graveyard, courtyard or pond will start bitching immediately instead of trying to reason or come up with some sort of compromise first.
I'm usually killing stuff nowhere near their group or their camp but because they were pulling from the areas im killing in they feel entitled to the spawns and it just doesn't work that way. If I run into an area full of spawns idgaf if you were splitting/pulling them earlier. I'm going to pull whatever the fuck I want as long as it is not in your direct camp, so either pull it before I do or stfu and deal with it.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and I agree with this rule completely. I've been having run-ins with groups in mistmoore on one of my alts because ill start picking stuff off in the canyon or inside the castle and usually the pullers for the groups at either graveyard, courtyard or pond will start bitching immediately instead of trying to reason or come up with some sort of compromise first.
I'm usually killing stuff nowhere near their group or their camp but because they were pulling from the areas im killing in they feel entitled to the spawns and it just doesn't work that way. If I run into an area full of spawns idgaf if you were splitting/pulling them earlier. I'm going to pull whatever the fuck I want as long as it is not in your direct camp, so either pull it before I do or stfu and deal with it.
This is the mindset of a monk who loves their group. Adventure with the. and the experience shall be grand ^^
Old 09-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Banned

As it's been said, you can only lay claim to one camp. That means one spawn or one room. When the person comes, you are supposed to negotiate a deal where the original camper chooses which spawn he/she wants.

Just because you are capable of clearing a zone doesn't mean you get to claim it all.
Closed Thread