Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 07:41 AM
Sarnak

iz the flu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2020, 03:15 PM
Banned

I'm not much worried about the disease but I am nevertheless seriously creeped out. walmart detention centers coming online.
Last edited by Sibelia1; 03-14-2020 at 03:19 PM..
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/thread
Old 03-14-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

_They_ just don't want us to feel free to go to church anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2020, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

It's somewhat disingenuous comparison to compare the impact of C19 after it has been in the states for only a couple of weeks to H1N1, which obviously was around for much longer.

I also wonder about the comparative difficulty between successfully diagnosing cases of C19 compared to C19.

Anecdotaly I remember panic surrounding SARS, swine flu and bird flu. It has always confused me, deadly respiratory diseases doing the rounds occasionally just seems like a fact of life. Gotta practice good hygiene, minimise excessive physical contact and keep the larder stocked routinely.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's somewhat disingenuous comparison to compare the impact of C19 after it has been in the states for only a couple of weeks to H1N1, which obviously was around for much longer.

I also wonder about the comparative difficulty between successfully diagnosing cases of C19 compared to C19.

Anecdotaly I remember panic surrounding SARS, swine flu and bird flu. It has always confused me, deadly respiratory diseases doing the rounds occasionally just seems like a fact of life. Gotta practice good hygiene, minimise excessive physical contact and keep the larder stocked routinely.
The lack of a proper message has been the real problem. When this is over/controlled, its easily going to be more deadly than anything since Yellow fever, as diseases go.

Italy is a ~in real time~ example of what the scientists are freaking out about. Its 20% +/- healthy patients needing ventilation to beat this. We do not have the physical space for that many people if everyone gets this in the same time period. People are going to die just from the lack of care who would have survived if a bed had been available.
Last edited by Gatorsmash; 03-14-2020 at 07:34 PM..
Old 03-14-2020, 11:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its 20% +/- healthy patients needing ventilation to beat this.
Cite, please.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The big difference here is that young, healthy people are show very minor symptoms - some none at all - while being highly contagious for upwards of 3+ WEEKS.

The outbreak here in the US has just started. It's interesting to look back and see all the backlash China faced for misrepresenting the true scope of the COVID outbreak in Wuhan meanwhile this is PRECISELY what the Trump Administration and the CDC are now doing in the US.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

Also, all hospitals around here (upstate NY) are now in full lockdown. All entrances but one are locked and barred, and entrance through the open one requires temperature and symptom checks.

35 years old and I grew up in this area - never seen anything like it - not even on 9/11!
Old 03-15-2020, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkStomper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cite, please.
Any legit sight with actual numbers is showing: 80% minor symptoms and self resolve, 20% end up needing some type of hospitalization.

That's why there is the big push, not to stop people from getting it, but stop them from getting it all at once.

"Medcram" youtube channel lectures been doing a fantastic, fact based, short and sweet break down since it started in china back in Jan.
Closed Thread