Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 05-19-2023, 03:29 PM
Sarnak

If you've ever root rotted for an extended period of time, get help.
Old 05-19-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you've ever root rotted for an extended period of time, get help.
It was a key part of classic EQ (for some classses at least) ... and we're all here for classic EQ right?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a key part of classic EQ (for some classses at least) ... and we're all here for classic EQ right?
No. You want people to behave as if it's 1999. You aren't getting your childhood back. Enjoy what we have and be grateful.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we're all here for classic EQ right?
That ship sailed long ago. Everyone is here for p99 not classic eq.
Old 05-20-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That ship sailed long ago. Everyone is here for p99 not classic eq.
Closest we're going to get to classic EverQuest, doesn't have to be perfect.. just close enough.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Kind of off-topic, but on my shaman I prefer slow tanking or slow + pet tanking with JBB clicks over root-rotting tactics. I know the meta is to Cast Bane of Nife and the use low level root to kill mobs, but it's kind of fun to have the pet out and spam the JBB on Mobs. It also the only Viable way to kill Summoning NPCs. Although, I supposed you could use Bane of Nife instead of the JBB, but Its nice to not have to cast a 425 mana spell ever 42 seconds. JBB is also very low hate per cast, which will help the pet to hold aggro on most mobs too. Lets me conserve my HP for healing and canning back my mana.
Old 07-19-2023, 01:56 PM
Orc

I played chanter during Velious. I rermember not charming in groups because the resist rates were high because we were almost always pulling yellows and reds and a resisted charm was a death sentence.

For example. HHK Goblins was split into like 3-4 camps? Entire full groups would hold down a couple spawns so the time between pulls was long so it made no sense to charm anyways, but even if we could, you're an entire group not slaughters blues non-stop. You're an entire group killing a small amount of yellows and reds.

I feel like on p99 most groups are more level centrict to the content. On live we killed the highest level shit we could get away with. There was no efficiency to it. Because people did that a lot, the camps were smaller due to it taking more time to kill mobs anyways.

I feel like that general gameplay leads people to believe the game was "harder" back then. It may have been in some ways but not others.

On p99, unless you're murdering things at the right pace people will notice and change things around because we know whats' efficient now.
Old 07-19-2023, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad charming is broken here so I don't have to group/duo
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-20-2023, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad charming is broken here so I don't have to group/duo
especially at scepter camp
Old 03-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Aviak

Rezzing this old thread cause the topic seems relevant.

Just started trying to solo in chardok since I got dictate, and I get the strat of using it to suicide placeholders into a pack of mobs, but whenever I cast dictate on the ph, all the mobs in the room attack me instead of the pet, and they just chase me around until they kill me.

In videos I've watched on youtube that doesn't seem to happen, the dude charms the pet and then just sends it and all the social sarnaks gang up on it instantly. And he's not pacifying them or anything first. What am I doing wrong?