Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots and it's not close. Invis ring is just a convenience, but imagine jboots are a necessity
Jboots aren't a necessity on Enchanters. They aren't like Wizards who spend most of their time kiting.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

OP is lvl 49. It’s 100% invis ring to 60. You don’t need jboots for the grind, invis ring is a literal game changer for xp in places like HS. I could see an argument at 60 for jboots instead. But really just get invis ring and go level in oot and get ac ring.
Old 03-05-2023, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is 49%. It’s 100% invis ring to 60. You don’t need jboots for the grind. I could see an argument at 60 for jboots instead. But really just get invis ring and go level in oot and get ac ring.
Exactly. OP isn't going to be doing the camps that require frequent train outs and zoning at level 49. By the time OP hits 60 they should be able to afford JBoots.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-05-2023 at 03:46 PM..
Old 03-05-2023, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Wrong. Most people aren't poopsocking autists who lock themselves in a dungeon to grind 60 in a 180 hour session. You still have to quest, travel, buy shit, and run around, and lots of people XP outdoors in Karnor, Wakening Lands, and others. Its the biggest quality of life increase in the game.
Old 03-05-2023, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

No reason to buy them though, it's a trivial camp for a 49 enchanter. Better to just sock it and buy spells. Spells are expensive
Old 03-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. Most people aren't poopsocking autists who lock themselves in a dungeon to grind 60 in a 180 hour session. You still have to quest, travel, buy shit, and run around, and lots of people XP outdoors in Karnor, Wakening Lands, and others. Its the biggest quality of life increase in the game.
If you are going to do the "most people" argument, plenty of people do just fine with SoW pots[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Travel isn't difficult in P99. Improving your kill speed and reducing chance of death via invis ring is going to be more rewarding than a clickie that simply removes the need to buy/store SoW pots.

Not saying JBoots are a bad item at all, but they have different importance to different classes. JBoots are mostly just a QoL improvement for Enchanters. For Wizards they are a better item because Quadding is something people do for 30 levels, and maintaining SoW pots for that specific setup is more annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No reason to buy them though, it's a trivial camp for a 49 enchanter. Better to just sock it and buy spells. Spells are expensive
Not everybody likes doing those kinds of camps. I don't do Ancient Cyclops because I don't like the camp. I'd rather get the plat elsewhere and buy it. Same with invis ring.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-05-2023 at 07:53 PM..
Old 03-05-2023, 10:35 PM
Orc

thanks for the input all.

Turn of events, I was away this weekend (kids hockey), after reading the comments I figured I would give the ring camp a shot. I spent 3-4 hours at the camp and managed to get the ring!

Considering it took me a month to save up my plat, I figured I should take 1-2 hours to get to the AC camp and see what it's all about (how contested/how to get to it..etc).

From my perspective, being slow really sucks, it can also lead to death when learning new spots (assuming you can run away). I tried the Sow pot route, but I am too cheap, so I found myself only using it when I felt it was justified.|

Looking forward to charming with my ring!
Old 03-06-2023, 01:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Turn of events, I was away this weekend (kids hockey), after reading the comments I figured I would give the ring camp a shot. I spent 3-4 hours at the camp and managed to get the ring!

Considering it took me a month to save up my plat, I figured I should take 1-2 hours to get to the AC camp and see what it's all about (how contested/how to get to it..etc).

From my perspective, being slow really sucks, it can also lead to death when learning new spots (assuming you can run away). I tried the Sow pot route, but I am too cheap, so I found myself only using it when I felt it was justified.|

Grats! That's pretty lucky in terms of total time spent for an invis ring.

I don't usually do AC camp, so I couldn't give exact details. The Ro camp usually has a waiting list, so you probably aren't going to get one in a few hours unless you get lucky and there isn't much of a line. Maybe OOT would be a better shot, but not 100% sure.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Neither. Save for your spells.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddemers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If there's a list for the AC when you get there,just kill seafuries while you wait. Pretty good XP and some gem loot
Bring a sow pot though since they can't be stunned,need to keep some distance on them.
Last edited by PatChapp; 03-06-2023 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Details