Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Default Bind Sight should be castable on corpses

Tried to cast Bind Sight on a corpse today and it gives the did not take hold message on both NPC and PC corpses.
Quote:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010628...ll.asp?Id=1015
CORPSE RETRIEVAL/SCOUTING, By Crescendo of xegony (1/28/2001)

When someone has died and doesn't know exactly where their corpse is (eg. Sol B, CT maze, etc.) try combining this song with Lyssa's Locating Lyric. 1. Target person and sing Lyssa's Locating Lyric (you will now have the corpse targeted). 2. Sing Lyssa's Solidarity of Vision when you think you're close to corpse. If it's within range, you will now be seeing through the corpses eyes.
I don't see any reason for this to be limited to only bards being able to do this, it's just the closest to our era as I could find at the moment.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Banned

it should also drain stamina and fade when out of stamina
Old 03-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't mention that in this thread because we don't have working stamina with weapon swinging, and stamina regen spells don't function the same. Though it does drain endurance fwiw. Extinguish fatigue and acumen cancel out the negative effects of bind sight spells so stamina drain would be pretty trivial in the cases we see on this server.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Banned

more classic > less classic

bind sight would be a gr8 place to start, I understand melee is hard to figure out or something
Old 03-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

What about those sweet procs on corpses?!
Old 03-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=61589

Obligatory play red I guess, not sure about being able to proc on corpses on PvE servers. Not like there was any evidence posted either way, just the usual red back and forth. Nirgon did say up to Velious so maybe when we launch Velious that will need to be looked at again.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

would need some kind of mention of being able to do it on a blue server

feels like a pvp server only thing
Old 03-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Weekly bump
Old 08-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It appears that someone has already submitted links to proof that this was in effect on classic live. I am a little heated at the moment, because I have been dying to get my bard to level 34 specifically to have "Lyssa's Solidarity of Vision" (aka bind sight) because of how useful it was for corpse recoveries, but it's broken on p99.

A quick Google search turned up this forum post from 2005 where while it's not specifically mentioned for corpses, bind sight is noted as having no range or LoS issues:
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...f=162&t=144494

On classic live, I ALWAYS used bind sight in conjunction with "Lyssa's Locating Lyric" (locate corpse) to the point where when I petitioned a corpse stuck somewhere you couldn't drag it, the GMs on Bertox would pull my petitions first because there was no need to verify, just move corpse to safe spot and close petition.

Please fix this on P99. bind sight, both the bard song and caster spell versions, should have no range limits or line of sight issues and should stick to any mob/pc/npc/corpse in the zone that the player has targeted.