Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:49 AM
Large Rat

Default shm solo JBB question

Hi All,

Just hit 45 on my shaman and looking to get a JBB.

I was curious, when JBBing, should I be trying to get into melee range and swing between clicks or just root/JBB spam?

Reason for asking is I've been rocking a GFG up until 45 and was thinking I could sell for something better to pump stats if just spamming JBB from now on. (e.g., harpoon + sbs or something similar).

Thanks.
Old 04-01-2019, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

if you can face tank with slow + fungi + fungi staff then no reason to root. If you don't have that kit, then you need to take a look at your kills per hour if you root multiple times when killing a mob. It just comes down to efficiency.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

There isn't really a blanket piece of advice but if you are soloing and geared to the hilt, what Oleris is saying makes sense. Since you are asking about how to efficiently spend a few PP, my guess is that you aren't fungi'd out.

If you are duoing, rooting and letting your duo partner (if its a tankish type) tank while you JBB away has merit as long as you are staying ahead on mana for the next mob or in case of emergency.

In a group setup, it really depends on the group type but if you are standing a lot of the time and someone is holding agro (or root tanking), you can toss in a few extra DPS by doing your business near the merbs.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Banned

Root, cast bracer until root breaks. Root again, step back, canni once and begin to cast bracer again. With regen and using canni, you stay 100% hp and mana the whole time. You can throw dots if you would like because you will be 100% mana and only wasting mana on root, which will break every 2-3 casts.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Also check how long range JBB cast is. You can stand really far away so there's no chance of the mob making it to you before root sticks.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:12 AM
Fire Giant

Another tip is to make sure you aren't wasting mana on using too strong a root spell. The way root works now with random breaks you may not get the use of long duration roots, especially when nuking can break root. JBB is 8sec cast, lvl 14 root for 30 and 48 sec duration will most likely break due to the nuke rather than breaking before the max duration is reached. Use enstill if you need park an add or if you are doting.
Old 04-03-2019, 02:16 AM
Aviak

Make pet. Slow mob, sick pet, step back, jbb. Win.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

I don't know if this is the best way but this is how I did it and it felt right to me :

- mob is 2k hp or less : just root and spam jbb until root break, reapeat.

- mob is 2k+ hp : pull with slow, root then send pet and spam jbb, if root break and you still have aggro reroot but more often then not the pet will keep aggro

Unless you are an ogre you don't really want to tank, geting bashed at the end of a cast is a terrible feeling
Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 AM
Aviak

Generally, if pet is in upper levels of dmg it will keep aggro (dont forget to buff str to it via jbvambs), after 50 - Spirits quickening is a cheap and great way to keep pet hasted.

Learn to root park / stagger mobs.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Generally, if pet is in upper levels of dmg it will keep aggro (dont forget to buff str to it via jbvambs), after 50 - Spirits quickening is a cheap and great way to keep pet hasted.
Spirit Quickening is presently awful, do not use it. Its haste is only half that of Alacrity, for barely more than half as long. It's a false economy. You end up spending nearly as much mana per hour for much less effect.

Danth
Closed Thread