Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love how people say that there was no toxicity before Freedom. Riot had no competition aside from AG when they felt like competing. AG was not a guild that competed week in and week out. They are a different kind of successful guild. They competed when they wanted and if they wanted to take it easy for a while, they did.

There will never be toxicity when there is no competition. The toxicity started when Riot started losing mobs and were upset that 2 of their favorite people left and "betrayed" them. They had an overwhelming disdain for Freedom from day 1. This is what causes toxicity, not killing everything uncontested for 9 months. Blame me all you want but it takes two to tango.
I'm sure people had zero reason to dislike you.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxcthius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now remember everyone that riot is composed of a LOT of Paradigm Shift folks who for the most part are remembered for as a guild that.. hmm shit. i'll remember this. I know I will. oh yeah I think they killed vindi. now with the exception of about 5 people from ps I know were top notch people riot would be that same old guild of small accomplishments if the core aspect hadn't merged.
and AG merged with blood guard and am. (the am that didnt go to riot)
Old 10-22-2020, 01:52 PM
Banned

The words toxic and toxicity are getting really annoying, please pick a new word thx
Old 10-22-2020, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will never be toxicity when there is no competition.
Correct, I love how people forget this.

Rotate(instance) some content sure, don’t rotate others. There’s nothing else out there like p99, otherwise we wouldn’t play. Of course it’s fucking fun to beat out 2-4 other guilds to a target. I’ve been on both ends of it. This is an enhanced PvE environment where yes you compete against the environment, but also try to outsmart your opponent. That meta in itself is amazing and so you should quit and play something else if you really want to change that fundamental mechanic. And I hope that fundamental piece always stays.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The words toxic and toxicity are getting really annoying, please pick a new word thx
Agreed. Toxic is SJW trash speak and it's annoying as shit.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Love how people say that there was no toxicity before Freedom. Riot had no competition aside from AG when they felt like competing. AG was not a guild that competed week in and week out. They are a different kind of successful guild. They competed when they wanted and if they wanted to take it easy for a while, they did.

There will never be toxicity when there is no competition. The toxicity started when Riot started losing mobs and were upset that 2 of their favorite people left and "betrayed" them. They had an overwhelming disdain for Freedom from day 1. This is what causes toxicity, not killing everything uncontested for 9 months. Blame me all you want but it takes two to tango.
Furs was a jackass and Tawanda was friends with Motec.. so that's a write off. Think Riot did ok.

Also COD halloween event is fun as fuck /thumbsup
Old 10-22-2020, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Also also I agree competition creates toxitcity...
Old 10-22-2020, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Com
a prefix meaning “with,” “together,” “in association,” and (with intensive force) “completely,” occurring in loanwords from Latin (commit)

+

Petition
a formal written request, typically one signed by many people, appealing to authority with respect to a particular cause.

=/=

Competition
Old 10-22-2020, 03:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Blah blah
Are you OK? You sound delusional.
Old 10-22-2020, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Just put in rotations or instancing already, people with lives will get to experience content, people without lives will maybe get bored enough to go outside and see the sun.
Closed Thread