Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Default iksar shm - ogre/troll faction

Which faction is easier for an iksar shm to fix? Ogre shm or troll shm?

After med (8) and specialization (30) it probably won't matter but would give me another side project to do.
Old 03-06-2021, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Troll merchants (but not guards) can be fixed with about 20 stacks of wolf meat. I'm not sure how one goes about fixing Ogre factions.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-07-2021, 12:26 PM
Kobold

Hopped onto the Imperium server (you can warp travel there). Checked with trolls, Jokca is warmly. Ogre trainer Zulort is kindly.

All guards are scowling.

Before making the trip, can any P99 shaman confirm?
Old 03-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Aviak

https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Iksa...Through_Murder

Looks like for shaman training neither is easy/possible according to the info in this guide.
Old 03-07-2021, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Might be easier to train in oggok with wolf form (is grobb indoors?). That’s how I trained my Iksar monk in Freeport. Most of the fun of playing iksar, to me at least, is poo pooing the lesser races and just killing without concern. To take advantage of them through a little trickery, makes it all the sweeter.

Tis always a worthwhile journey to visit the motherland anyway.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

AFAIK, ogre guard faction is not fixable in any way.

Grobb troll merchants can be wolf-meat'ed, and fire beetle eyes and DF belts can get your guard and shaman guild factions up. Only problem is if memory serves the shamans can't be wolf-formed into non-KoS faction to do the quest. So you'd need somebody to charm the quest NPC or use harmony plus invis trickery to do individual turn-ins.

No clue on how the ogre shaman factions work.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Probably just need ball of clay. You would be surprised how much earth element is used to as a neutral race fix to allow questing faction.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:51 AM
Sarnak

side note, shaman bear form boost some freeport guard faction from what i remember

Sssarn

Fantasy
Old 03-08-2021, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

1. Don't forget dodge, though you can put dodge off for quite awhile.
2. Shouldn't need to train specialization.
3. You really shouldn't have left cabilis without getting mediate, but anyway...
4. Most likely the trolls are going to be your best bet, as you should get a large bump in faction for worshipping CT. But no matter what you will need an illusion like wolf form. My Karana worshiping druid still cons threatening to the troll shamans. The CT boost plus removing whatever malus I have for being Karana druid just might do the trick.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only problem is if memory serves the shamans can't be wolf-formed into non-KoS faction to do the quest. So you'd need somebody to charm the quest NPC or use harmony plus invis trickery to do individual turn-ins.
I don't know about the other quest, but for the wolf meat one you can just invis to the quest NPC, and then you can turn in wolf meat to them without the need for any http://wiki.project1999.com/Faction%20Tricks (like Harmony, wolf form, or a Ball of Clay).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread