Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 02:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by gherron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t. Unfortunately I’m only using gear that I’ve quested for/looted last year on my ranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Props.

That will be very difficult in Kunark era without access to a few good spots. You will need to find areas that are in close proximity to a fletching vendor, as your gear will be decidedly inferior to facetank and there are not many other options prior to Velious.

NRO guards will work, as will QHills guards (Miles, Leopold, Nash). Miles and Leopold start to green out at 52 but Nash is good for a few more. Closest fletching vendors are EC for NRO, and WK for QHills.

Halas guards are also an option, but ruining your Barbarian faction is difficult to undo and WK (or a scary invis/sneak trip to Halas) are the closest fletching vendors.

After 54-55 your good options dwindle further. Ask me when you get there.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Just do the Sarnak Braid quest over and over again.
Best Exp using your track and harmony and sneak on the quest giver and surrounding NPCs.
No heavy thinking needed while you have LFG on and watching Netflix.

If you get real bored with that and you happen to have a Swarm Caller maybe the summoned bees in BW using Dismiss Summon (if you need to power them down) and to work up your combat skills (defense/weapon/offense ...etc).

Or if you have your way over priced Tolan's Bracer just Bow Kite anything that doesn't summon.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

If you kill good guards as a good aligned character, you're scum.

Hope that helps.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you kill good guards as a good aligned character, you're scum.

Hope that helps.
false
Old 04-14-2021, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best Exp using your track and harmony and sneak on the quest giver and surrounding NPCs.
This.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-14-2021, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you get real bored with that and you happen to have a Swarm Caller maybe the summoned bees in BW using Dismiss Summon (if you need to power them down) and to work up your combat skills (defense/weapon/offense ...etc).

Or if you have your way over priced Tolan's Bracer just Bow Kite anything that doesn't summon.
Is the Sarnak Braid quest better XP than the Drolvarg Teeth in FV?

A 51 ranger can roflstomp clear Dalnir for stacks and stacks of A Canine for those turnins.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the Sarnak Braid quest better XP than the Drolvarg Teeth in FV?

A 51 ranger can roflstomp clear Dalnir for stacks and stacks of A Canine for those turnins.
Even if it were better XP, the Braid quest will yield a free OT hammer.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:06 AM
Kobold

I was able to solo my ranger to 55 with a fungi and a decent two-hander. Once you hit 55 you really should get the sky haste Cloak and epics if you want to grind to 60, I personally never did any fear kiting as the velious mobs have insanely high HP so it's incredibly inefficient, much better to find an XP giving mob in old world on a short response time or that you can face tank.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I got my ranger to lvl 58 with a woodsman and a COCW. Post hybrid penalty and pre HK xp nerf I saw some iksar monks hitting 60 very slowly off dyrna.

I don't buy the needing 2 epics and a sky cloak. You can joust stuff to death with a swarmcaller until it procs and then start-in or just use a 2h like an Earthshaker.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got my ranger to lvl 58 with a woodsman and a COCW. Post hybrid penalty and pre HK xp nerf I saw some iksar monks hitting 60 very slowly off dyrna.

I don't buy the needing 2 epics and a sky cloak. You can joust stuff to death with a swarmcaller until it procs and then start-in or just use a 2h like an Earthshaker.
Oh I'm sure its doable, slow but doable, people have soloed rogues from 1-60 so it's possible with any class given enough time and the right mobs.

With epic slow + 90% self haste your just increasing your killspeed so much, I was able to keep 3 dark blue mobs dead that were on 6 min timers without any downtime.
Closed Thread