Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Default Name Reservation for Green?

I know this is a very early question to bring up, but have the Devs given any thought to a name reservation system for Green?

There are all kinds of obvious problems with creating such a thing...but I think it would also be good for the community and a way of advertising the new server. It could also be a great way of rewarding the players who have supported p99 through the years (either through donations, through good play, no RMT bans, etc.).

I'm dreading the trolling that will take place from name thieves on launch day.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:58 AM
Fire Giant

I'm going to name my first character Swish
Old 04-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Aviak

No such thing as name thieving. Names are first come - first serve. This is EQ classic.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Banned

I already opened up like 5 new accounts and I am going to snipe all the high fantasy names like Deedlit, Legolas and whatever else plus current names on Blue from high value characters and then sell the name rights for blue plat.

payment first, of course.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I got dibs on Greenis.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like some folks are going to spend a lot of time maliciously sniping those well known people on blue for either being well known raiders in a guild or youtube or twitchers and such.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:07 PM
Banned

Dibs on Wutang
Old 04-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

If Green will be rolled into Blue once its timeline is done, they should reject Green names that are already taken on Blue (if that is possible, don't know how the code works).

Another question, what happens if a login account has more than 8 chars, combined, between Blue and Green and they merge?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Green will be rolled into Blue once its timeline is done, they should reject Green names that are already taken on Blue (if that is possible, don't know how the code works).

Another question, what happens if a login account has more than 8 chars, combined, between Blue and Green and they merge?
It should definitely be possible: the staff just needs to create some means for the servers to communicate and/or share a database, neither of which is hard. And it would make a ton of sense: if they don't they're going to have a nightmare of hundreds of name changes when/if the merge happens.

As for your second question, my guess is that if they can't merge the account with your's because it's full, they'd just make it a completely fresh separate Blue account. Heck, they might not do any merging at all and just do that for everyone, to keep it simple.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

I got dibs on:

Targüs Targüs
Closed Thread