Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do You Support Development of a Raid Roation for the Blue Server?
Yes, I support the general idea of rotating at least some content. 74 51.75%
AG Member in Support 19 13.29%
Freedom Member in Support 6 4.20%
Riot Member in Support 4 2.80%
No, I Oppose Any Raid Rotation System 28 19.58%
AG Member Opposed 2 1.40%
Freedom Member Opposed 2 1.40%
Riot Member Opposed 8 5.59%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Default Do You Suppport Some Kind of Raid Rotation System?

I realize that forum polls aren't a great representation, but this may be a time when many raiding players will be checking in more than usual.

The details of any rotation would need to be worked out, but its highly likely the result would be some hybrid system where significant amounts of competitive raiding would remain. The goal being to reduce the amount of adversity we are experiencing. Vulak alone at this point is simply begging to be rotated to stop the insanity every week.

I've included options to state your guild affiliation as I find that interesting but you can simply vote yes or no.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Argument for rotation - fixes everything

Argument against - "I like pretending p99 is Need 4 Speed"
Old 10-21-2020, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Didn’t rotations just create a different moral hazard?

A tidal wave of smaller guilds claiming a place in line until the wait is like 3 months or whatever?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A tidal wave of smaller guilds claiming a place in line until the wait is like 3 months or whatever?
Just like back in the day you would set up a tier system and that's how you would organize the rotation
Old 10-21-2020, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, here's an idea from RnF a bit ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokum-6n0m3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still dont understand why its so hard to commit to a rotation that makes everyone happy.

You put all of ToV on Rotation similar to how we had on Emarr

You have to Kill Sontalak to be put on rotation, if you are on rotation already you cannot kill Sont as to leave him there for guilds to "apply" guilds who have already demonstrated an ability to kill most the dragons in ToV solo would automatically be put onto this rotation

When a dragon spawns the guild who has the North rotation that week has 24hrs (you can shorten this timer if you want to limit the spread of spawns) to kill said dragon or it becomes open FTE

The guild who had North rotation the week before will have the West and Doze rotation the week after.

In the name of competition you leave 1 week on each rotation cycle to be a pure FTE week, and Doze and the West dragons FTE the following week to keep the cycle going

All city leaders, gods, VP and AoW would remain normal FTE

This was roughly the agreement that took place for a short time on Emarr and for the most part worked for ToV. Ofcourse you would have to figure out a system for Earthquakes (maybe make them full FTE and the current rotation guild gets bumped back a week, they could possibly even get extra mobs from this to lessen the pain of the wait extension)

If you added agreed upon race criteria for the rest of the targets you could possibly even do away with Earthquakes and Variances making it far easier for Staff and Guilds to schedule raids and kills (I would still keep Earthquakes personally as a way to stop the spread of spawns being too drawn out, but variances could go imho)

Tho this wouldnt clean up the entire raid scene it would greatly reduce the number of petitions and disagreements if it was followed, it would also allow for other lesser guilds to gear up and participate in more FTE encounters as true competition.

I always hear people saying that rotations prevent competition but this would allow not only competition to continue on all fronts, but possibly even add more competition on City Leaders AoW etc while drastically improving the overall raid scene and "fairness" to lesser guilds and guilds that prefer to do things with smaller numbers

Im sure this will go over like a lead life preserver and it surely has holes that need to be addressed but overall something like this I can only see as being a good thing for the server as a whole
Now, I'm not saying this guy's suggestion is what we go with but when I say a hybrid system, I mean including all these sorts of things like an "application" mob for guilds to earn a spot in NToV (this happened on my old server too but it was Aary as I recall), and certain weeks/mobs/situations that retain FFA status.

Additionally, there's only so many people playing on blue these days, the wait list probably isn't going to be as much of a concern as you say. This isn't likely to change any time soon. If anything it might require some rules on how many weeks you can fail targets before getting removed and how you earn your spot back, given that we are possibly about to see another big population crash for a while while green Kunark is still fresh.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:23 AM
Sarnak

Rotations will just open new toxicity, guilds arguing who deserves to get in or not. The problem is more one of lack of systemic regulation that works, too much goes on the GM's plate.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Argument for rotation - fixes everything

Argument against - "I like pretending p99 is Need 4 Speed"
This this this. Rotations fix everything. Even gets rid of the toxic fucks that would leave if they had to share.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Aviak

So to enter the rotation, you need to kill Sontalak. Only Fr/AG and riot have recently done that. So basically the solution is rotate ntov and wtov/doze between us two? That still doesn't stop the Riot petitions on other targets.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

This is simply one person's example not any actual proposal Incubo. Coming up with something is contingent on our guild reps in the UN right now. The thread is if you would support something rotational in general as opposed to the current meta, not that idea specifically. Sont is a bad applicant mob, the poster realized that in his thread in RnF already.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:59 AM
Kobold

Real Rotations have never been tried!
Closed Thread