Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default Could p99 ever have a VR server?

Rogean and Nilbog and whomever owns the EQ IP now, daybreak sold it right?
should get together and create a p99 VR server... I think that would sick, but I'm sure it's been proposed before. I know the team is very busy and does this as a hobby out of the kindness out their hearts and I and am very thankful to them for providing the p99 experience! Just thought I would toss out the idearr and see what people thought
Old 03-29-2021, 04:36 PM
Kobold

No
Old 03-29-2021, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Isn't someone working on this project? There are several videos (of "VR Freeport" and "VR Kelethin") on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...aOOadBVCZsjQtl

But, that being said ... going from the proof of concept he's got working, to a playable EQ (in even just one zone, let alone all of them) is a HUGE undertaking. I would not recommend holding your breath waiting for "EQ VR".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

I picture EQ VR being- Gorn set in a Norrath environment.. And i love it....
Old 03-30-2021, 08:39 AM
Banned

I have VR, and I don't think it's really feasible to play EverQuest in VR... and the reason is.. EverQuest is a game that takes a LOT OF LONG HOURS. Have you ever wore a VR set for any length of time? I wore mine on VRchat for like 4 hours and my head and neck were literally killing me. Not to mention it's hot and you're sweating the entire time, and you can't even drink anything because the head set is so huge it like obstructs your mouth.

It's a neat thing, but it's not something I would want to wear while playing EQ because of how time-consuming the game is.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have VR, and I don't think it's really feasible to play EverQuest in VR... and the reason is.. EverQuest is a game that takes a LOT OF LONG HOURS. Have you ever wore a VR set for any length of time? I wore mine on VRchat for like 4 hours and my head and neck were literally killing me. Not to mention it's hot and you're sweating the entire time, and you can't even drink anything because the head set is so huge it like obstructs your mouth.

It's a neat thing, but it's not something I would want to wear while playing EQ because of how time-consuming the game is.
Nerds will adapt.

Oh, and hi bigJ
Old 04-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

May as well just play Ilysia or Zenith.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May as well just play Ilysia or Zenith.
When I learned about Ilysia I was super stoked but to be quite honest the mroe I looked into it and thought about it the more I found myself dismayed by it even in concept. Just seems like it's going to have about 500 different paywalls before it even leaves beta.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

I had a pair of $800 vr glasses back in 2007 and I played live with them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At like 800x640. I could only go for like two hours before I got a bad headache though.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

I take off my wizard hat and robe...
Closed Thread