Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m pretty inexperienced with both, but I would rank your mage above wizard on the “chill” factor. I feel like wizard would be a good fit for someone who enjoys adventuring and questing, due to being able to get around everywhere easy. And of course for some big ole nukes too
Mage is pretty chill too. I mostly worry about overlap in a raid (how many mod rod vendors does a raid really need?) and how brutally punishing their epic is. I'd still love to try and get one of those one day and the wizard one would probably be slightly more reachable, relatively speaking.

I also feel like gearing on a wizard would be more fun. He can actually feel the power a new piece of gear gives him. Meanwhile my mage is literally running around naked at 45 (no joke, he just has a newbie robe and a +2 int neck on) and still farming.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage is pretty chill too. I mostly worry about overlap in a raid (how many mod rod vendors does a raid really need?) and how brutally punishing their epic is. I'd still love to try and get one of those one day and the wizard one would probably be slightly more reachable, relatively speaking.

I also feel like gearing on a wizard would be more fun. He can actually feel the power a new piece of gear gives him. Meanwhile my mage is literally running around naked at 45 (no joke, he just has a newbie robe and a +2 int neck on) and still farming.
It depends. If you have a mage with a large mana pool then you can feel the difference because you have much lower downtime because you can kill more mobs right in a row with the help of your pet (especially once you get to level 39 and the pet regen goes through the roof).
Old 05-04-2021, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

As your Enchanter Sensei, go to blue, being an enchanter on green is a nightmare.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:57 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the sneaking around, monitoring mob movements, and planning elaborate camp breaks is really what cemented enchanter as the class for me. Prior to that everything was kinda tedious and boring, even charming outside. This changes the game into almost like a Solid Snake stealth/spy game. Great to break up the monotony
this, but as a Necro for me
Old 05-04-2021, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter life on blue is far better.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It depends. If you have a mage with a large mana pool then you can feel the difference because you have much lower downtime because you can kill more mobs right in a row with the help of your pet (especially once you get to level 39 and the pet regen goes through the roof).
That is true, gear would help me do the Rivervale "circle" faster and I could go for longer AFK breaks with a bigger mana pool.

What about the other stuff though? I heard a mage isn't allowed to DPS in raids even with a buffed up pet. Are they only there to CotH people and summon mod rods?
Old 05-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As your Enchanter Sensei, go to blue, being an enchanter on green is a nightmare.
Weirdly enough I think Red might be a viable option to learn enchanter too. Buffed exp to make up for the growing pains while learning, and plenty of room to let an enchanter pet cut loose and go nuts.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:31 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter life on blue is far better.
A nightmare? Why is that? Because gear prices are higher?
Old 05-04-2021, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost wolves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Less competition in the leveling areas I imagine. People competing for the prized enchanter charms on Green. The gear might be cheaper on Blue too but from my experiences playing there, the lower level stuff doesn't really seem to be sold all that much. I tried for a week to buy the shadowbound stuff for my necro on Blue and had no luck. That's probably the major downside to that server.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost wolves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More people on green means competition for spots, but at least up to level 40 it hasn’t been THAT bad. Splitpaw was ridiculous at times. I couldn’t believe there would still be a group inside the front part at like 3am on a weekday. But that was it so far. I’m sure the high level zones are nightmares

The other big issue is quality of life features missing. You don’t have a pet window so you have to use /pet report health if you don’t want to have to alternate selecting your pet and it’s target 100 times per fight to check health totals for charm breaks

The other big QOL feature missing is no tab cycling, which is an absolute nightmare for grouping. Normally controlling a train on Blue would involve hitting /assist [tank], then [tab] to target next enemy -> mez -> [tab] to target next enemy -> mez. Repeat until all mobs are mezzed. But that shit ain’t classic, and classic EQ had shit UI and shitty quality of life. That means having to click to target enemies in the giant clusterfuck of spell effects and flailing limbs, where enemies with the exact same name can be standing literally inside each other’s bodies. Meanwhile the entire group is running around like chickens with their heads cut off looking at you like “HEY YOU GONNA DO SOMETHING?” as the train of 6 mobs with identical names rips them apart

No tab target cycling is what people have told me was the specific reason they either didn’t roll one, or quit their enchanter on green

Edit: I stressed mobs with identical names because I am a very fast typer and have used the command /tar [mob name, you don’t need to type the full name just like the first 3 letters] to target a specific mob in a clump of mobs before to mez/root. But this nifty trick doesn’t work when all mobs have the same name. Then all you can do is use whatever you have hot keyed to target the closest thing and try to click on everything else. Or run around to position yourself so a different mob becomes the closes thing so you can target it with the target closest mob hotkey. There is no tab cycle target hotkey function on green
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-04-2021 at 07:17 PM..
Closed Thread