Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the first time I've looked at this one, not sure what that's about. Came here to post a stickied thread which I would encourage everyone to spread the word about.
Well this thread isn't about disabled quest exp. Rather the changes made to level ranges and spawns. Okay fine statics were removed I get it, it was too good and probably not classic. But in North Karana for example you can hunt out all the scythe beetles and I can't for the life of me place where any of them spawn now.
I don't remember any bug reports about this and I firmly believe it is not classic. Asking me to provide evidence isn't fair either. Y'all made the change, where are the facts it's based on?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-16-2020 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: I didn't want to sound like I was speaking down to a guide.
Old 11-16-2020, 01:39 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I’m sure they’ll get right on it
(LOL)
Old 11-17-2020, 02:41 AM
Fire Giant

with respect

I could have sworn the beetles ( all three types ) shared spawn chance. now this is from memory so not sure how it is done here.

for what its worth i leveled a lot on eqmac when it was active and that was my experience i would have to clear other beetles to get scyth to spawn.

Location link:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312200...of_Karana.html

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 11-17-2020 at 02:50 AM..
Old 11-17-2020, 03:16 AM
Fire Giant

for what its worth beetles could go missing even in 2020

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...spawns.265716/

Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 11-17-2020, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

So here is the problem and ultimately why it's not classic.
There are three eras of the Karanas, primarily west and north karana.
Pre-bandit plague era, bandit plague era & post bandit plague era.

The changes applied would fall under post bandit plague era or even later. That would be velious or later, NOT kunark or classic. Meaning if the goal is to emulate classic 1999-2001 that's not what they've done with this change.

Now I know nilbog love Magelo and such but the info is too new to apply. We need proper evidence based on 1999-2001 log files or websites. Not what luclin+ magelo tells us it is.

If you can't understand what im saying with this post, read it again else you won't get it.
Era Accuracy is one thing that makes P99 stand out from TLP for example.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

Hi Baler

I understand you want the changes applied as the changes happened in live during the server era of progress.

I personally have not found any data to show bandits (what i researched the most) being different the Era's you describe. This does not mean the data does not exist.

The evidence to make these changes you want. Only come about if you find it and post it in bugs.

like many others have done.

Nilbog:

Old 11-18-2020, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally have not found any data to show bandits (what i researched the most) being different the Era's you describe. This does not mean the data does not exist.
uhh, respectfully I'm not speaking about the npc bandits.
Pre-bandit plague, bandit plague and post-bandit plague are Eras, like Paineel era.

Swarm mother for example shows up during karana plague (bandit plague era).
In the lore the west karana bandits spread sickness which kicks off the karana plague.

---
They made many non-classic changes to the karanas to combat players from meta-gaming. They'll not admit this and I'm not asking them to. What I want is era accuracy not a custom server set in the classic-velious eras.

Pre-plague era karana is not easy to find information on. I firmly believe they're using a mix of modern eq, old bug reports and anti-meta gaming when they changed the level ranges, spawns and pathing.

I can understand why some would think the burden of proof falls on me but it doesn't. There is no public record for why these changes took place. It's not an appropriate way to treat the new players, avg players or veterans. It also doesn't make for an accurate emulation of classic everquest. Keeping your community in the dark doesn't help re-create classic everquest.

Falling back on the welp baler you better submit evidence is a scapegoat. I want answers.

There are some people who have this sick idea in their head that i'm trying to exploit or cheat or find easy exp or what ever stupid shit they can imagine. This can't be further from the truth. I want 1:1 Classic everquest. I don't give a shit about exp or items on this topic.
Last edited by Baler; 11-18-2020 at 12:56 AM..
Old 11-18-2020, 04:23 AM
Fire Giant

Outside of time travel

I do not think your going to find a server with what you want.

I appreciate your quest for a server with "Era accuracy".

To some extent that is why we all play here I believe. This is the closest we have available to us.

May you succeed in your quest.

Salute

Nilbog:

Old 11-18-2020, 09:59 AM
Banned

sounds like you better submit evidence
Old 11-18-2020, 10:39 AM
Banned

You need video evidence directly from 99 coded in an old 99 video codec as well as copies of the live database from 1999 in triplicate and carbon copy

actually pretty good thing that the burdern of proof is pretty high otherwise we'd have worse than turned off quest exps
Closed Thread