Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-03-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why does anyone cite their education and amazing credentials when they are completely unrelated to MRNA therapy? The spiral of intellectual shaming is very obvious and almost like a self hugging psychological technique.

I have remained unvaxxed and untested during this entire ordeal. I will not forget how people were trying to label me and my family for being resolute. To demean people further by pretending you are part of a superior ruling caste because of your education and income is just one of the most insulting and pathetic things.
Ignorance is something different from education. There are plenty of people educated in the Bible, but they are ignorant of its history. There are plenty of people educated in science, but they are ignorant of how to use it, or why it works. You can't just cherry pick the things you want to learn and then pretend you've done all the work of figuring things out. The fact is, as studies show and our own human experience shows (if you bother to look) is that when someone lands on a belief, it's almost impossible to get them to change their belief. People change their minds way less than you think. If you go into something thinking your right about it, you're gonna go on thinking your right about it. You'll look for all the confirming evidence that you're right and work hard to dismiss the disconfirming evidence. If you ignore the disconfirming evidence that makes you ignorant, no matter what you think you know about the subject.

But, in the end, it doesn't matter what you think or believe at all. Reality is always right. You can stomp your feet and swear that you can fly, but if you step off a cliff, gravity will kill you just the same. If you don't test your beliefs against reality and then change them when you find out they don't match reality, it'll kill you.

At the start of the pandemic, I changed my mind. I thought the virus was just gonna be a bad flu season. I thought all the panic was overblown. But then people started dying so fast they had no place to store the bodies. Ordinary folks were dropping like flies and people like my parents were being hit the hardest. So I changed my mind about it for my parents and other people's parents.

And as far as vaccines? That shit has been settled for two centuries. The technology is as old as toilet paper. Saying you don't believe in vaccines is like saying you don't believe in wiping your ass.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

Also, cumulatively, over the course of your life, vaccines are cheaper than toilet paper. Instead of directing our anger at big Pharma, we should start directing our anger at Big Charmin.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then people started dying so fast they had no place to store the bodies. Ordinary folks were dropping like flies and people like my parents were being hit the hardest. So I changed my mind about it for my parents and other people's parents.
From what we now know of how the vaccine works, you getting the vaccine does very little to protect your parents from dying to covid. Your parents getting the vaccine could do quite a bit to prevent your parents from dying to covid, assuming the vaccine works to teach the body how to fight covid

The fine print is it could be argued that getting over covid easier due to being vaccinated might involve releasing fewer droplets into an environment (due less severe symptoms) so maybe in that regard someone being vaccinated could slightly protect those around from catching it but that would probably only be for those living in your household

It’s not your fault that you believed getting the vaccine meant you wouldn’t spread covid, this is something we were all told. This always seemed odd to me, because the body still needs to catch covid to beat it. And if the vaccine is causing the body to beat covid so handily, with so few symptoms, then it would make you wonder if you would be MORE likely to spread covid due to not even realizing you have it

I think there are a lot of hypotheticals with all of it, including lockdowns and masks
Old 09-04-2022, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what we now know of how the vaccine works, you getting the vaccine does very little to protect your parents from dying to covid. Your parents getting the vaccine could do quite a bit to prevent your parents from dying to covid, assuming the vaccine works to teach the body how to fight covid

The fine print is it could be argued that getting over covid easier due to being vaccinated might involve releasing fewer droplets into an environment (due less severe symptoms) so maybe in that regard someone being vaccinated could slightly protect those around from catching it but that would probably only be for those living in your household

It’s not your fault that you believed getting the vaccine meant you wouldn’t spread covid, this is something we were all told. This always seemed odd to me, because the body still needs to catch covid to beat it. And if the vaccine is causing the body to beat covid so handily, with so few symptoms, then it would make you wonder if you would be MORE likely to spread covid due to not even realizing you have it

I think there are a lot of hypotheticals with all of it, including lockdowns and masks
I never said I believed getting the vaccine would prevent me from spreading covid. Nobody made that claim. At least nobody who understands how vaccines work. The vaccine is meant to keep you safe and prevent severe outcomes.

But one thing the vaccine does do as a happy side effect (if more people get a shot) is it reduces the length of the disease, which would inherently reduce the rate of transmission.

If you're sick for a month VS just a week, you're gonna be more likely to spread it more.

But I'll wait for you to throw up another false strawman.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But one thing the vaccine does do as a happy side effect (if more people get a shot) is it reduces the length of the disease, which would inherently reduce the rate of transmission.

If you're sick for a month VS just a week, you're gonna be more likely to spread it more.

But I'll wait for you to throw up another false strawman.
You do realize I said that exact thing? Let’s read it together this time:

“The fine print is it could be argued that getting over covid easier due to being vaccinated might involve releasing fewer droplets into an environment (due less severe symptoms) so maybe in that regard someone being vaccinated could slightly protect those around from catching it but that would probably only be for those living in your household”

So you’re coming up with a scenario of someone who would be sick a month, which would be pretty severe for covid, would only be sick a week and therefore not spread as much? I would imagine if they were as sick as a month of covid would be, that they would follow orders to quarantine regardless. So like I said, it could help to protect those in the household

Another scenario: a very healthy person gets vaccinated. They probably would have easily gotten over covid without the vaxx with only 1 day of fever. Now with the vaxx, they don’t get the fever, and think they just have a small cough. So they don’t get tested and instead go to work. That’s a scenario where getting over symptoms easier became a bad thing, in regards to virulence

That’s why I said there’s a lot of hypotheticals
Old 09-04-2022, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize I said that exact thing? Let’s read it together this time:

“The fine print is it could be argued that getting over covid easier due to being vaccinated might involve releasing fewer droplets into an environment (due less severe symptoms) so maybe in that regard someone being vaccinated could slightly protect those around from catching it but that would probably only be for those living in your household”

So you’re coming up with a scenario of someone who would be sick a month, which would be pretty severe for covid, would only be sick a week and therefore not spread as much? I would imagine if they were as sick as a month of covid would be, that they would follow orders to quarantine regardless. So like I said, it could help to protect those in the household

Another scenario: a very healthy person gets vaccinated. They probably would have easily gotten over covid without the vaxx with only 1 day of fever. Now with the vaxx, they don’t get the fever, and think they just have a small cough. So they don’t get tested and instead go to work. That’s a scenario where getting over symptoms easier became a bad thing, in regards to virulence

That’s why I said there’s a lot of hypotheticals
But if everyone got the vaccine, far fewer would have died from it. It's one of the most contagious diseases in history. It was going to go around no matter what. If it weren't for the vaccine, there'd be way more death. I guess I don't know what you're even arguing.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
But if everyone got the vaccine, far fewer would have died from it. It's one of the most contagious diseases in history. It was going to go around no matter what. If it weren't for the vaccine, there'd be way more death. I guess I don't know what you're even arguing.
Oh I’m right there with ya, especially in regards to the vulnerable. People on here say they don’t know anyone who died to covid, I do. 100% certain it was covid. She was old and out of shape and unvaxxed. Her adult children couldn’t see her before she died, not allowed. One of my biggest fears in life right now is my dad who is pushing 68 is extremely anti-vaxx…
Old 09-04-2022, 02:34 AM
Banned

Yeah the "vaccine" (it isnt one) could do very little OR kill them

Cool!
Old 09-04-2022, 03:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrece [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah the "vaccine" (it isnt one) could do very little OR kill them

Cool!
Yes the VAERS data is shocking. More people have died and been injured by the covid vaccine than any other vaccine in all VAERS historic data. But hey! go get your children "vaccinated" for a 99% survival rate disease. SCIENCE, Pharma Science indeed. Jim Jones is ejaculating in his grave over this successful cult of magnitudes he could only have dreamed about.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:01 AM
Banned

whoa whoa whoa whoa hey

take that VAERS data back to your Facebook conspiracy group