Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 10:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you all for your replies! After reading a bit, I feel kpst interested in the priest classes. I'm not a fan of any of the shaman races or their armor appearances, but cleric and druid both seem great. I am curious about dark elves though. I know they're not welcome in good aligned cities, but do clerics have any way around this like some classes would?
Old 02-15-2021, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

I’ll pick one of each of the big three Priest, Caster, Melee. Tbh there are fewer wrong choices and plenty where you can go right. Starting as a melee is much slower and more difficult. But some of us are just wired that way.

Shaman - Lots of fun and tons of different ways to play solo, and they are welcome in all groups.

Necromancy - like driving a Ferrari for solo play, once you get a few levels under your belt. You get one of the best spells in the game feign death. You will always have it memmed and it gives you the courage to explore and take chances, then you get to survive anyway.

Monk - The best soloer of the melees with strong offense and good defense. You get feign death (which again just opens up a whole other part of the game). There are some challenges, like managing weight. Super fun class but you’ll be expected to pull all of the time (most of the time).
Old 02-16-2021, 06:12 AM
Fire Giant

Druid for beginner imo.
Old 02-16-2021, 08:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For 90-95% percent group dependency rogue is the easiest to play. But requires at least a dragoon dirk. (Around 40 you need better. Definitely by 50.)

Wizard is also forgiving and easy.

Mage is a step above wizard as far as hardness but is very powerful.

For solo druid is better than wizard and more powerful but has more responsibility such as healing in groups.
One thing to note is that a Wizard without at least a basic set of INT hear will have trouble quadding. You won't have the mana to deal with resists (u prolly wont die but ull be forced to gate sometimes)

Necros don't have this problem they'll always have Mana but it's definitely not one of the "easier" classes to play at a higher level
Closed Thread