Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

Actually the Superman actor now Witcher actor would have done it tho he’s a bit hammy.

The guy they cast will do fine he’s just not the knight that the book made it seem like he would be. However he stood out in the book and when there’s a lot of knights around the Lan of the tv show will stand out for his style so it works pretty good.

Looking forward to the Friday release of some more episodes.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2021, 09:54 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thom sorta has it coverd tho he's shorter and less of a front line fighter. and a lot more girly in that unique way that actor is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

obvious lan accoutraments and hairstyle and stuff with some decent armor and a barbarian style big sword

lan was like the only dude that ever went north of the dmz into tentacle hell land and returned still an intact man

old man Harrison Ford woulda been an interesting style too, yet he's way to old for a kid series like this.

I do think that the Lan they chose has the chops. He's a little too whiny about morraines safety tho. He needs more screen time just staring off into the shit that is coming their way in the distance and watching over everyone silently or cracken an old man wisdom joke right before shit hits the fan. Then going back to zen warrior. I'm afraid they were afraid of that character being "Toxically Masculine" and encouraging boys to die in foreign wars for no damn good reason, so they softened him up a buuunch.
Last edited by starkind; 11-24-2021 at 10:04 AM..
Old 11-24-2021, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

I always pictured Lan to be like Steiner from FF9. But a little less cartoony

Old 11-24-2021, 10:49 AM
Banned

ya thats the right direction, i expected him to have some more serious gear too not look so rangery all the time, like the only rangery thing i remember about him was his cool cloak which i think he didnt even wear to the two rivers?

everyonne else think he should have gotten a breastplate?
Old 11-24-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always pictured Lan to be like Steiner from FF9. But a little less cartoony

I certanly imagined this book to feel more like goonies meets DND than this woke ass adult drama shit on Hulu.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I certanly imagined this book to feel more like goonies meets DND than this woke ass adult drama shit on Hulu.
Thank you for your frank input. I agree it do be a bit like that :P
Old 11-26-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Episode 4 pretty good
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-10-2021, 09:43 PM
Banned

So, I can respect people's criticism of the series and the TV adaptation. Definitely a lot of "programming", dumbing down, and populism going on here.

That said, its all still mildly entertaining and slightly nostalgiac. Despite the well warranted outrage. And I'm enjoying it anyways a long with revisiting the unabridged eye of the world.

The Eye of the World
Book One of The Wheel of Time
By: Robert Jordan
Narrated by: Rosamund Pike
Series: Wheel of Time, Book 1
Length: 32 hrs and 55 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release date: 11-16-21
Language: English
Publisher: Macmillan Audio

This is different than the more sold, common reading, and Rosamund Pike is an incredible story teller and voice actress. Highly recommend you give her a try if you couldn't stomach the other narration force fed to you @ the top of your ad feed.

This goes out especially to @ Gustoo, as you were burned by your attempt to audiobook them.

I really enjoy Jordan's worldbuilding and snark. So for me this has all been a great treasure of rediscovery of something kinda lost, forgotten from my distant past. Revisiting this with my new eyes (especially the third) has been great.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:46 PM
Planar Protector

how long until the main character does something cool for once?

next season?

e: what even was the point of separating them if you're gonna do a 1 month later machina? fuck you tv!
Last edited by Whale biologist; 12-10-2021 at 09:52 PM..
Old 12-10-2021, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how long until the main character does something cool for once?

next season?

e: what even was the point of separating them if you're gonna do a 1 month later machina? fuck you tv!
Well enough new kids are now reborn for Amazon to make a boatload of ppl rebuying or frankly buying the books finally for the first time because that lesbian kiss 💋 😘 😳

And yes I agree.

I also say there's so much wasted opportunity here. I wish for a Gone with the wind or Days of Our Lives version .
Closed Thread