Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 11-26-2021, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh - OP could have been written by me, my 50 ENC has very similar gear/stats, except you've got way more plat than I do. How did you get so much? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Have you got a Goblin Gazughi Ring?
I chose to stop exp’ing completely at various times and just farm mobs that drop items that vendor for a decent amount (at least a few pp), for hours at a time. You can’t make as much as a lucrative high level “cash camp” though, usually only like 300-400pp/hour. Anything that regularly drops fine steel weapons works. I invested in all shralok packs and a bag of sewn evil eye for lugging my stuff to vendors

For me personally, I dislike the idea of sitting for hours at a time staring at an empty spot where a mob will spawn in a few hours. But that’s unfortunately how to make potentially thousands worth of pp at once. I also don’t like selling stuff, so when I’m auctioning in EC I usually sell my little stuff (usually things that are less than 100pp) for half or less than it’s wiki price or what others are offering. This way I get buyers usually right away. But of course for expensive stuff you’d be really shooting yourself in the foot if u sold it for half

I don’t have a GGR and don’t really have a lot of motivation to buy one. I’ve never needed an instant charm break when soloing. As long as I root (or mez if it’s a caster) the target the charmed pet is killing, then I have more than enough time to cast invis to break charm. The only scenario in my opinion where GGR is necessary is when you have a group of mobs rooted in melee range of each other and want to charm one so the others kill it. In this scenario my charmed pet’s health will be flying down too fast with multiple mobs beating on it to be able to time an invis correctly. This makes spots like howling stones seem not possible, but it really still could be as long as I am willing to have some charmed pets get killed by mobs and have their bodies poof. But I’m in no rush to go into HS and potentially die and then not be able to get my body due to no key…
Old 11-26-2021, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

The hs key is soulbound now (stays with you when you die not with your corpse) -- that's an era thing, it's not soulbound in early Kunark. I think the basement/entrance (easiest area) is dark blue through 55 or 56 and north wing is dark blue through 57 or so, so you've got plenty of time to check it out. After you hit 51 you'll be happy to find mobs which let you theft of thought them and most of the skeletons in hs do. It's a fun zone for enchanters.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

I really think you should reconsider your decision on the Gazughi Ring. You can definitely get by without it, but it is so much more efficient for breaking charm. You save mana on the invis and time casting it on yourself. Howling stones is going to be the top exp spot for you and it really shines there reverse kiting like you mentioned. Theft of thought allows you to go pretty much non stop without having to take breaks, and it just got a nice ZEM boost (not sure if it was on both blue and green). There are some great videos from Tecmos about soloing Hs as an enchanter. I highly recommend watching those before jumping in. Also, learn the stalking probe trick to get through locked doors. West at lvl 58 is amazing exp.

You have a nice buffer of cash built up. I would also suggest dropping a few k on coffins and EEs to leave in the bank. If you die deep in a wing, I almost always think it’s worthwhile to get a summon and Rez from a necro who is probably soloing in the basement. Trying to CR with no gear is just not worth it imo.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

For HS 255 cha really helps avoid crit soothe resist which is the main thing that kills you outside of not knowing the zone. I think siryn hair good gets you there.

I did he without GGR but it is helpful. Improved invis saves the step of targeting yourself but instant cast GGR is great.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hs key is soulbound now (stays with you when you die not with your corpse)
i did not know this. awesome.
Old 11-29-2021, 02:33 PM
Banned

I’ve been doing some comparisons of xp/hour of charm soloing outdoors vs indoors vs animation pet

It seems like the ideal situation is charming a pet in a dungeon, sending it to aggro a clump of mobs, rooting all of them (torn between using root or paralyzing earth here, root you will have to re-apply), letting them kill the pet, charming a new pet from the clump, repeat

Nothing can beat that in terms of xp/hour, but that’s not a situation that occurs in every dungeon room. Sometimes, you only have 2 mobs to work with. So then you charm one, make them fight each other, and try to even out their health (a fun little mini-game) with various things like slows. The downside is I haven’t been able to make my pet lose lots of health vs a mob it out-levels. /pet sit doesn’t seem to do much. So if your charmed pet is at 75% and the other mob is about to die, I don’t see it as worth the mana/time to release charm (cajoling whispers is expensive to cast), just to kill the other mob for full xp, may as well let the pet kill. Also, assuming both mobs are at a similar health total at the end, finishing them required at least 2 anarchy’s, possibly 1 discordant mind (expensive), depending on health totals. So this method is definitely slower than the first in terms of xp/hour (because the pets die much slower)

Outdoor charming tends to play out like the second example, unless you run way out of your way to gather up a bunch of stuff like a bard would. But then in doing so you also slow down your exp/hour gathering mobs to root in a clump and make fight each other. So when I solo outdoors, I don’t go out of my way to do that

The level 49 animation pet DOES kill exp greens and low blues faster than a charmed mob of those levels. This is because I buff the animation with 60% haste and garou, while I don’t buff charmed mobs (no point unless they out-level everything else, they die too quickly to waste mana on haste solo and it’s risky in dungeons). The 49 animation pet hits quickly for 52/per with 60% haste, that is more dps than the non-hasted hits of 88-94ish from mobs (once again, talking about exp greens and low blues, NOT high blues). The animation pet is also more effective against casters than a charmed pet, because it is much more reliable at interrupting casts, I’ve noticed (for the times I don’t have the mana for or want to twist stuns). But the pet steals 50% exp. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that due to its higher dps, I can kill more things in a shorter amount of time (unless we are talking about the first scenario where it’s a clump of rooted mobs beating a single charmed pet)

So the TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R is:

Unless you know you can engineer scenarios of a clump of rooted mobs beating on a charmed pet, then charming a new one from the clump and repeat, then the animation pet can roughly match the exp/hour of charming 1 mob and making it fight 1 other mob, breaking charm, and then killing both for full exp. This is because the pet kills singles faster, but for less exp per This only applies to if you are fighting exp greens and low blues, because for my own safety I prefer to go for these as charm targets for the basis of comparison. If you want to be risky, charming high blues would be better xp/hour then the animation pet

“Using the animation is just being a poor man’s mage” - true, but a mage doesn’t have chanter CC. Even with the animation pet I can go further and deeper into a dungeon than a mage of comparable level due to having cc

“Using the animation pet is boring” - won’t disagree at all. I still prefer charming for the vast majority of my solo’ing
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-29-2021 at 02:47 PM..
Old 11-29-2021, 03:47 PM
Banned

what's your budget in game op?

also u on green or blue
Old 11-29-2021, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's your budget in game op?

also u on green or blue
Green, back up to 12k after buyin jboots
Old 11-29-2021, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind that the way charisma impacts charm may change soon. If it were me, I wouldn't want to drop 12k until I know it will still be useful in the future.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:44 PM
Banned

dont listen to loramin

most of his opinions came from the wiki and the wiki is like 40 percent false information

he's probably gonna make you go to the enchanter class page and scroll down

rather than telling you straight up