Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Default Thousands of level 60's on blue, that's the real problem.

Not a single person here has come to the realization that the server's capacity has reached its max with HIGH LEVEL CHARACTERS. Why don't we figure out a solution for that, it's only going to become more and more inflated with bloated head cases who hit max level and are expecting to raid.

(This is the only real problem that exists)
Old 10-28-2020, 03:37 PM
Banned

no u
Old 10-28-2020, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Turn it into a competitive ladder system. The 10 players who earned the most exp that week get to keep it, everyone else loses a level.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=133190

Quote:
12-31-2013, 11:49 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default The Real Raiding Problem.
While everyone on this server agrees that there is a problem with raid MOB competition on this server, I have seen very little discussion about the core problem: WE HAVE TOO MANY HIGH LEVEL GUILDS.

I am sure you all remember, back in the Kunark days, there were only 2-4 high level guilds on a server, only 1-2 of those guilds was capable of taking on tougher raid mobs like Trak, Sev, or Veeshans Peak. The reason is most people did not have a level 55+ toon. Kunark has been live for app 2 years now, and the server has been around for about 3.5 years, that has given most of the server the chance to get at least 1 55+ toon. The end result is we have way too many high level players for an expansion that should have ended 2 years ago. what does this mean? An expansion designed for 2-4 guilds now has to hold at 8-10 high level raiding guilds, most of which are capable of going to VP if the spawn rate allowed them to.

Solution? Increase the spawn rate significantly of Raid mobs to accomidate the bloated high level population. This, combined with an aggreement between the raiding guilds would allow more people to relive the classic experience and allow for less competition amongst the guilds.

I dont know about most other people on this server, but i play here to relive the classic experience, not dominate a server so I can feel important about myself.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=160204

Quote:
08-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Is the server overpopulated? Or is it something more?

But this overpopulation is really felt most in terms of high end raiding and the time-scales for getting anything accomplished. For example, killing inny happens for a guild once every few months. Or simply being able to kill the noble djorn in sky happens also once every couple of months.

But this problem comes from more than just "too many high levels"....it is really a break down in what everquest was meant to be (everquest was never about solely high end farming, it was more about facing challenges and overcoming those high end raids as you got stronger together)
Old 10-28-2020, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

I can't believe those posts are almost 7 and 8 years old, this poor server is trying to be something it's not anymore. So far I've seen people mention instancing, increasing spawn rates, and (rotations /agreements) cause that's been working well with our HIGHLY invested individuals.

So far it seems like instancing would be the only option, increasing spawn rates has it's own field of problems and would result in the same garbage solutions (rotations and agreements) being presented over.. and over.. and over.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

10 60s or 1000 60s the real problem is that far too many people were absent in kindergarten on the day that they should have learned about sharing.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Jeni, that's an incredibly short sighted post. There's literally a thousand people who have effectively reached END GAME CONTENT.

Let's be constructive not condescending [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2020, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

I'm not I'm just sick and tired of everyone trying to find every single solution other then the player base is selfish.

Ok so you won't be able to gear out your entire stable of 60s if you share some of the raid targets and maybe that's ok. This is an emulated Everquest server that will never leave Velious you are going to be able to get your pixels.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 10-28-2020, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Well I think you've nailed a small aspect of what's goin on here, I won't deny it. I honestly don't know why they just don't blanket ban the 10 or 15 people that NEED IT.
Closed Thread