Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Default So is the fun over now that I've hit 51?

I've heard that every level after 51 is a hell level, with 54 and 59 being double hell levels.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

My guildies keep telling me I need to level up my druid for POTG, not sure if that'll ever happen!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 11-13-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Is the game fun? Then play the game and you will get some levels. Just group anywhere that you are welcome and explore dungeons, get some loots and get some EXP. Jolly jolly.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

I took forever to level up from 54 to 60 (including 11 months at 59) because it slowed down enough that playing to level was no longer fun because of the lack of progress. So I ended up XPing as a side effect of exploring dungeons, helping with epic fights, being in an XP group at a raid and otherwise playing the game, and slowly got there with a level every few months (except 59, that level was stupid).

If just playing to do stuff wasn't fun, I would never have stuck around to get through the grind to 60.

The "Be in a raid XP group" plan did work much better since I was a rogue, but every other class has better solo XP opportunities, so....
Old 11-13-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

As a paladin, you might be able to get down to a spot in Lguk and get some single pulls and do a full mana dump with your undead DD's and then melee a mob to death, and survive.

I have never tried to solo as a high level paladin but that might work. I did solo in lguk as a cleric and there are good mobs and you can control the zone pretty well with your undead spells and pacify and such.

I would try to solo in your spare time. If you have a lot of time just join a group in kunark and grind it out baby!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the game fun? Then play the game and you will get some levels. Just group anywhere that you are welcome and explore dungeons, get some loots and get some EXP. Jolly jolly.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

These replies are correct.

Double the xp means double the time, double the time means double the adventures, double the adventures means double the fun!

At 51+ most of the games content is open to you, perhaps with the exclusion of some of the most powerful bosses. You don't NEED more levels at this point, and simply playing the game for fun will help you slowly accumulate xp to get those last few levels.

Just keep playing, finding the funs, and when the fun stops stop.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a paladin, you might be able to get down to a spot in Lguk and get some single pulls and do a full mana dump with your undead DD's and then melee a mob to death, and survive.

I have never tried to solo as a high level paladin but that might work. I did solo in lguk as a cleric and there are good mobs and you can control the zone pretty well with your undead spells and pacify and such.

I would try to solo in your spare time. If you have a lot of time just join a group in kunark and grind it out baby!
Right now I'm soloing Guard Captain Latorl in Paineel. He's level 41 and I can burn him down quite quick with Dismiss Undead and Ghoulbane, though he dishes it out pretty hard as well. At Level 50 I was getting a blue bubble every 3 kills, now it's every 7 or 8 kills.

This guy is on a 24 minute timer, which means I'm probably looking at 40-60 hours of straight camping this guy to get to 52.
Old 11-13-2020, 03:53 PM
Banned

You really should give grouping a try.

My necro is 52 let's go bang around in Karnor's and I'll show you how the XP bar can move. All ya gotta do is help out on charm breaks.
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-13-2020 at 03:57 PM..
Old 11-13-2020, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really should give grouping a try.

My necro is 52 let's go bang around in Karnor's and I'll show you how an XP bar can move. All ya gotta do is help out on charm breaks.
The truth is I play this game semi AFK. I kill the mob I'm camping, rebuff, med, and then go afk for 20 minutes playing another game (lately Killing Floor 2 and Star Ocean 4), come back when the mob respawns, rinse and repeat. I've pretty much done this since level 20 or so when I first started grinding in Paineel. None of the mobs here aggro me until I attack, so it's completely safe, and its good money at 10 plat a pop. And they're all undead, which plays even more in my favor as a Paladin.