Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 01:52 PM
Banned

Saw dune in the theatre. Was pretty good.

A+ casting
A+visuals, sound, stone, they made the fremen good and got a lot of the first book in.

B+ in keeping in tune with the books.

Movies a great commentary on power and freedom and strength and accoutrement to the books. And all the dumb shit we do.

I would have liked to see more with Liet Kiens vision and ecology, and at least one scene with the emporer, they did get the benigessiert scheming. Didn't cover the bloodlines or Paul's shocking revelations as well. Just a brief commentary on how fake religion especially the fremen one is and ya they missed an opportunity. People would have been mad if it ended in the tent tho. So they cut alot to get Paul and more fremen on screen. Which was good. Fremen are how you should be.

Well worth 15 bucks for the big screen a box of popcorn and a water.

Hope to see the next.

The director "gets" dune.

Duncan and gurney were great.. we'll see more of him in movie2

Liet was perfectly cast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] worked well. Suck it ya antisemitic racists.
Last edited by starkind; 10-29-2021 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: Fremens
Old 10-29-2021, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do not get to have an opinion on the adaptation unless you have read the source material.

Rated 2/10. Needs more filter and dune-versity
I read up to God Emperor
Old 10-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

I read the books. Pretyy recently. Moms sitting here reading them now.

The books are better. You just can't compare between the details of a book and a long ass capitalist movie that despite the masses being pathetic boring most common. Denominators losers stayed nerdy and intellectual.

Movies great. Way better than the David lynch one. And a good compromise on the stfy channel version with more interesting visuals.

I made her since she liked the movie.
Last edited by starkind; 10-29-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Old 10-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

I found the lack of Sting disappointing
Old 10-29-2021, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Nice scenes from previous movies like Gurney playing the lute in the balcony of the ball room - seeing the princess and stuff...it is a bummer to have those things just totally non existent in the movie. Paul and his relationships just feel really shallow.

It might help overall to have less investment and interest in paul if they continue the series and hes blind and not even a factor for some movies and stuff. But for giving a damn about him it didn't help.

And these stories aren't made to be merchandized so they won't be star wars. there is no hero you buy a Crysknife toy to pretend to be, so I dunno if WB is going to get what they want out of it.

My favorite part is when Leto gives his speach and his team says "ATRIEDES!" super loud it is pretty intense and you get to feel how powerful the atriedes family really is. They are hardly underdogs.

I like the atriedes bull art piece too.

I hope they can keep making them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Jizz/Legends
Old 10-29-2021, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice scenes from previous movies like Gurney playing the lute in the balcony of the ball room - seeing the princess and stuff...it is a bummer to have those things just totally non existent in the movie. Paul and his relationships just feel really shallow.

It might help overall to have less investment and interest in paul if they continue the series and hes blind and not even a factor for some movies and stuff. But for giving a damn about him it didn't help.

And these stories aren't made to be merchandized so they won't be star wars. there is no hero you buy a Crysknife toy to pretend to be, so I dunno if WB is going to get what they want out of it.

My favorite part is when Leto gives his speach and his team says "ATRIEDES!" super loud it is pretty intense and you get to feel how powerful the atriedes family really is. They are hardly underdogs.

I like the atriedes bull art piece too.

I hope they can keep making them.
Fair assessment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Accurate.

The fremen would take my water. My offworlder body is soft and fat with water. And I would never blame or shed a tear in anger at them.

I wish I was as strong as the fremen and had a fremen tribe. And that I could be a part of that.

I don't feel like anyone really gets me or respects me. The closest I ever had to true respect and understanding was in the military.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Jessica looks like shes going to be smoking badass in next film when shes becoming the reverand mother with good face tattoos and stuff. Looking forward to that.

They gotta cool it with the mysterious arab music queuing in whenever anyone says something good about the fremen i was cringing pretty hard.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

OH YEAH and the Gom Jabbar in the newest dune is better than the other film Gom Jabbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-29-2021, 06:45 PM
Banned

What would fremen music even sound like. I must explore this.

Newest gom jabbat was 1337.
Closed Thread