Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shiny Brass Idol
Locket of Escape
yep, those are the two key items to make the trip.

it isn't easy to get to the zone in with a shiny brass idol. and, if you have the guts to try, a failure means your corpse is stuck somewhere en route in ntov.

on my wizard i would sneak in and bind during a ntov raid....on my bard, later in luclin, i would make the run.

i recall needing the duration (6 min?) bard speed, brass idol, and bard DA to make it all the way....but i certainly don't claim to be the best at making the run. i also recall getting all the way to the doll house once, and not being able to click it because of all the mobs covering it up that i was training.
horrible CR...

again, risk v. reward...many players are just put off by this type of risk, especially since getting to the zone is only the beginning. once i got in on my bard it meant pretty much staying there for at least a few rl days at a time worth of playing before leaving the zone.

i don't doubt lots will go...but it certainly isn't going to be super packed. i'd say busy would mean 10 ppl in the zone at peak play times, if that.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it isn't easy to get to the zone in with a shiny brass idol. and, if you have the guts to try, a failure means your corpse is stuck somewhere en route in ntov.
low quality youtube video of someone making the run. I think they are a paladin, that extra DA would help a lot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXVmPkIxAl0
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM
Fire Giant

im sure you guys already know but there is this website

http://www.planeofmischief.com/

that has lots of info on old POM.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

yeah...that website is one of the coolest and best EQ guides ever imo. used it sooo much back in the day.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think I ever went there during live. Sounds interesting.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Can't wait for PoM - and that web site is incredible.

btw, when was the entrance to PoM moved to GD?
Old 08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yep, those are the two key items to make the trip.

on my wizard i would sneak in and bind during a ntov raid....on my bard, later in luclin, i would make the run.

i recall needing the duration (6 min?) bard speed, brass idol, and bard DA to make it all the way....but i certainly don't claim to be the best at making the run. i also recall getting all the way to the doll house once, and not being able to click it because of all the mobs covering it up that i was training.
horrible CR...

again, risk v. reward...many players are just put off by this type of risk, especially since getting to the zone is only the beginning. once i got in on my bard it meant pretty much staying there for at least a few rl days at a time worth of playing before leaving the zone.

i don't doubt lots will go...but it certainly isn't going to be super packed. i'd say busy would mean 10 ppl in the zone at peak play times, if that.
mischief will be incredibly poop socked when NToV is down, I assure you. I made this run all of the time on my enchanter... and I was KOS in ToV period (giant faction), was an absolute blast making it through every time. Never died though. The only time I died, was trying to move my wizard there. She did not stand a chance, even with a Shiny Brass Idol in inventory. The trick is to wait to use the idol just before the flurry drakes are ontop of you. Sadly, the other trick I often used was waited until rival guilds had NToV, and just train through.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Mischief is my baby. I played here pre-revamp on live, and to this day own the only Mage robe on Xegony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

During original beta on this server last July/August I went through and got rid of every post-nerf spawn there, and added in just about every classic spawn. I scripted just about every quest and hail/response that there was. I abandoned it before it was done because we decided on a release date for the server and started working towards that.

What still needs to be done:

1) Loot-needs to be done completely, not terribly hard here as there were not a ton of drops

2) Need to make the trees in the forest spawn those flower things when you get too close to them

3) Need to make the dispel traps on the bridge above the moat functional

4) Verify all combines in the containers work

5) Aeolwind needs to create the script for the halflings to path into the theatre and take their seat when they spawn (All the paths are created)

6) The entire Bristlebane spawning/depopping needs to be scripted

7) Some pathing needs to be added in the maze, the spawns all look good

8) I need concrete data on the jovial white knight, and the maniacal dark knight as far as spawn conditions go and what they would actually sell. I got alot of conflicting data on these

9) In the main hall the invisible mobs with names are there but the halfings are also up. Need to add a script to make them spawn once the chest is attacked rather than stay up 100% of the time

10) I broke the halflings in the forest pathing around the chest while trying to tweak it, just need to fine tune that up.

11) Need to verify spawn loc's of Slice and Dice in the upsidedown wing.

So in not looking in depth at this in awhile, that is what's left, all the other spawns look great, all the quests work. Pinky's knock knock joke works, the sphinx's do the macanera dance, the npc's who responded to hails, all respond to hails, including Life's deathtouching.

The zone looks great at the moment and anyone who did not get to experience it in the past is in for a treat. Once velious launch is done and well underway we have tossed around the idea of implementing armor quests for each class. Sony never did that before they scrapped it and fucked it all up. That decision likely won't be made until it is decided on where the server will go post velious.

That said, if anyone has any further info to add feel free to PM me. We have a good chunk left to do for Kunark so I will not be getting back to this zone until that's all set. You should all be excited for this though!

Xz
It's this kind of developer enthusiasm that give me confidence that this server will continue to kick ass. You've got me hooked. I can't wait!

~ Huffle
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Kobold

I was the 1st person In POM on Luclin. Got one of the goo's from DN with 1 charge of rezz. Took lvl 51 monk(yes lvl 51 created just for this) and dragged a mage corpse all the way to the cubby...rezz mage with goo...coh my group in. Full PoM armor was pimp[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I can be of any help let me know as I spent a LOT of time there.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyfeleech [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was the 1st person In POM on Luclin. Got one of the goo's from DN with 1 charge of rezz. Took lvl 51 monk(yes lvl 51 created just for this) and dragged a mage corpse all the way to the cubby...rezz mage with goo...coh my group in. Full PoM armor was pimp[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If I can be of any help let me know as I spent a LOT of time there.
long time no see! I made my own gnome necro in your honor. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread