Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Patches and Dev work

There has been a slight delay in the recent patch schedules, albeit I understand that can be normal. However the previous few were spot on and that was very nice to have (big thanks for the devs to take their own personal time once again to help work and push those through).

This post isn't to discredit their work but rather to just understand and be more aware of what the current patch schedules are going to be, since there hasn't really been any news or indication of when the next one is coming (and subsequent ones). I understand there could be a few causes to this recently:

- Some devs are working on a new project (2002) and spend limited time here now
- Spreading the patch timeline to extend the longevity of the server
- Busy period in RL for the devs/rogean to push through a patch

In any case, I'm fairly certain if there's anything the community can do to help they would be more than willing to. For eg, if it would help to open up dev volunteers (like the guide application) that might be something worth exploring. Right now I don't see an avenue how anyone can volunteer for dev work - perhaps through private means?

Appreciate any input or clarity on this
Old 01-30-2016, 10:43 PM
Kobold

Agreed! Big thanks to the devs who work so hard to make P1999 possible. I know for a fact that there are lots of video game devs who play P1999 and I'm sure there are some of them that would like to help out and volunteer their coding, scripting and design abilities. I wonder how a person like that could get involved to help out?
Old 01-31-2016, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

It would be much better if the dev team could be bothered to update the players on a vague timetable for release. That would require communication skills though. Which is traditionally a weak area for programmer types. Wonder if some have got bored with this project?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 01-31-2016, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- Some devs are working on a new project (2002) and spend limited time here now
I do not think this is true. That server is a separate entity and has no ties to P99 or the P99 team. Aka no developers for p99 work on that server.

Can someone please confirm or deny this?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not think this is true. That server is a separate entity and has no ties to P99 or the P99 team. Aka no developers for p99 work on that server.

Can someone please confirm or deny this?
There are devs that work on other projects. Considering the devs are just normal people they are able to do whatever they want. I think it was Telin or one of the other devs that said they were helping on project2002 or whatever its called.
Old 01-31-2016, 10:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are devs that work on other projects. Considering the devs are just normal people they are able to do whatever they want. I think it was Telin or one of the other devs that said they were helping on project2002 or whatever its called.
Haynar did mention he was as well iirc. Just seems like momentum of the updates and responses in the bugs section have taken a bit of a hit, aside from other areas. There hasn't been any word or official update from the team in a while
Old 01-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Refunds are being processed.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Refunds are being processed.
Refunds? For what? Nobody is asking for anything, except the ability to help out the team and some transparency with upcoming fixes and patches.

Next time think before you post.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Refunds? For what? Nobody is asking for anything, except the ability to help out the team and some transparency with upcoming fixes and patches.

no
Old 01-31-2016, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't talk to Ele that way. You don't know better but that's no excuse. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On the subject of this topic. I find it very amusing this thread pops up and then there is a major update.
Closed Thread