Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Large Bat

Default Rubicite Breastplate camp warning/experience

TLDR at bottom.

Trying to get this drop can be hell, be prepared if you go for it. Don't trap yourself like I did! 29 hour camp, 24 hours 1st on list. No Breastplate but it was still a good experience in some kind of weird suffering way by meeting some cool new friends and having other friends I've met on Teal come by to help me push on. Full story below.

It was Saturday afternoon on Teal and I strolled over to CT on my level 40 Troll Shaman around 4pm EST. My intention was just to check the AoF camp out and see if groups were XPing it while waiting.

I arrived and got invited into a group as the sixth member and /listed up into position 5. An hour goes by and I see that the XP from just the named room is pretty awful but if your group and puller are working hard and getting mobs from the surrounding areas it upgrades to mediocre XP. I also see a Breastplate drop and someone take off ahead of me on list. I'm position 3 now and getting a little XP and it's only been an hour or so. I decide to stick around and see how where this goes.

The next few hours are pretty uneventful but getting some steady XP and some FS drops. At this point I'm planning on hanging out couple more hours and calling it a night and heading to bed unless something changes. Then at 9PM EST it happened, the event that would seal my fate for the next 24 hours. The 2nd Breastplate drops, putting me into position 2 and the new #1 says he was there primarily to help his friend who now has it and he will be leaving after next pop. Ceno spawns and drops boots, PH for AoF. We agree to give the boots to the guy who is #1 as a parting gift and he takes off. I'm #1 on the list now.

At this point our group is down to 4 members and talking about having to settle for just killing the named room for now getting pretty bad XP for Breastplates. Everyone says they have off the next day so we agree to push on and I vow to stay on the camp with them after if I get a drop until I'm passing out in the early morning hours if need be.

So now we're thinking easy street breastplate plate party! We've seen 2 drop + a pair of boots in 5 hours. Our group is talking about having to put some work in but it seems like the drops aren't that rare. We were mistaken.

Hours pass. Nothing. One of our members seems like he just has EQ open on the side, making it harder on everyone. He once opens the game up as we're pulling AoF and he opens with a spell, eats HT and AoF trucks him. You got what you deserve AFKman.

We get down to 3 members as it gets later, LFGs getting thin and AFKman's unrelability is a serious burden at this point. Thankfully my buddy Hindolmer comes by and helps us out for a few hours making it a bit easier. Thanks bro! Also Icepelt swings by as Hindolmer is going to bed and helps us push to 6am or so before he goes quite for about 20 mins... Suddenly he stands up, turns around, and just takes off running not saying a word. His life starts dropping fast so we take off looking for him. He dies and DCs. I think he was sleep running. Not long after AFKman pulls the same move but lives and types some jibberish before logging. Me and my friend Burrn are determined still.

Early Sunday is a blur. I remember nodding off waking to the AFK box. Someone was dragging Icepelt's corpse in my face saying, "This is what happened to the last guy who fell asleep here". I Stayed in this nodding out state for a couple hours atleast while some <Friends Unanamously> showed up to carry for a while, thanks guys!

Sunday afternoon rolls around and it begins to sink in on us, it might not happen. Fin comes in to help and an awsome enchanter who's name I forget sorry!

Sunday night 6PM. I'm irritated. Burrn who has been #2 for 20 hours or so has to leave. Can't believe I saw 2 in 5 hours. Then nothing for 24 besides one pair of boots. 9PM end it. Need some rest for work.

The next day I wake up from the best sleep ever, feel amazing and happy for such a crazy experience. Ruby BP or not.

TLDR:

Ruby BP can be 24+ hour camp. There are some awsome people here on Teal. Did a 30 hour straight camp and came out with no loot and still somehow happy because EQ magic, great experience with some great people.
Old 12-02-2019, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Fungi King will be interesting come Kunark. Will the Fungi Staff be a "list" item? And if so will the spawn-rate of the spore king be greatly reduced?

Stay tuned for all this and more! On As Norrath Turns!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear you had such bad RNG. I was the other troll shaman who got his BP an hour or two after you arrived. I felt like I was being rude and antisocial because I was just so damn tired. I didn't start the previous day's session intending to do the camp and so didn't prepare myself for the slog; I just happened to get a random /tell invite while soloing guards and decided to give it a shot. My experience was sort of similar to yours, in that I saw three BPs drop in the first 6 hours (one actually dropped the minute I arrived), which gave me a false sense of confidence. I then found myself at number 1 on the list for the final 16 hours, which similarly left me feeling trapped. I felt bad bailing as soon as my wait finally ended, but we did have three shamans in group and I was honestly worried about passing out in my chair. I did a number of /who all cazic checks the next day and thus knew a lot of you were still there and feared you were having even worse luck. I'm glad you found something redeeming about the experience in retrospect, at least. I hope you'll have more success if/when you decide to try again.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:18 PM
Banned

sorry about that.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear you had such bad RNG. I was the other troll shaman who got his BP an hour or two after you arrived. I felt like I was being rude and antisocial because I was just so damn tired. I didn't start the previous day's session intending to do the camp and so didn't prepare myself for the slog; I just happened to get a random /tell invite while soloing guards and decided to give it a shot. My experience was sort of similar to yours, in that I saw three BPs drop in the first 6 hours (one actually dropped the minute I arrived), which gave me a false sense of confidence. I then found myself at number 1 on the list for the final 16 hours, which similarly left me feeling trapped. I felt bad bailing as soon as my wait finally ended, but we did have three shamans in group and I was honestly worried about passing out in my chair. I did a number of /who all cazic checks the next day and thus knew a lot of you were still there and feared you were having even worse luck. I'm glad you found something redeeming about the experience in retrospect, at least. I hope you'll have more success if/when you decide to try again.
Yea, sounds like we had a very similar experience. I didn't go there looking for trouble, trouble found me lol. Had no intentions of going for it when i showed up. Grats on your BP though! I'm not giving up. I totally understand how you felt 16h in, if mine dropped after the 16h mark i would have been out as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the Fungi Staff be a "list" item?
Ill Answer this for you YES!
Old 12-02-2019, 09:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98bcobra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill Answer this for you YES!
Which leads to my next question "Will the Spore King have an unclassic spawn-rate reduction like the current /list mobs?"

Man Kunark is gonna such a shitshow with a mere 7 month runtime....
Old 12-02-2019, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which leads to my next question "Will the Spore King have an unclassic spawn-rate reduction like the current /list mobs?"

Man Kunark is gonna such a shitshow with a mere 7 month runtime....
The core of EQ was elitist, that not everyone was meant to get every available item. If you want it - find a way to put the time in <3
Old 12-02-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark is short enough. And then you only have 2 months to get epics before Velious to boot. Phew!

Can't wait to see fungus staff camp ridiculousness. It'll be bad enough even after it gets nerfed and people only really want the tunic.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-02-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Closed Thread