Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Default what is going on with skill increases? Not classicness, that's for sure.

You are supposed to get a HUGE increase in skill gain when casting on higher level players or mobs. At least offensive spells, not utility/defensive/buff type spells. I just spent 2 hours spamming a divination buff/utility spell and alternating casting an evocation nuke on a guy like 15-20 levels higher than my character. At the end, despite starting at nearly the same level, divination had gained 12 more skill ups than evocation in the same amount of casts. Totally not classic.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are supposed to get a HUGE increase in skill gain when casting on higher level players or mobs.
Cite your sources
Old 11-18-2019, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cite your sources
Cite yours that it doesn't work the same way as combat skills.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cite yours that it doesn't work the same way as combat skills.
that isnt how it works here on p99, you made the claim which means you provide the evidence, stays the same til you do.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

If everything got changed because someone remembered it a certain way...we'd have all kinds of weird/wonderful unchecked quirks.

I remember solidly for instance that you could level your defense on a floor trap in TOFS on live (which would swing like you ran in range of a rooted mob)...it was extremely handy for casters/priests who rarely engaged in combat.

One slight problem.... I can't back it up.
Old 11-18-2019, 05:36 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure what you mean. it seems that someone remembering it a certain way is exactly what we have already.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:16 AM
Orc

Quote:
I'm not sure what you mean. it seems that someone remembering it a certain way is exactly what we have already.
No, there are official sources for pretty much everything that makes up the current game, nothing is based on guesses afaik.
Last edited by Ahris; 11-18-2019 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-18-2019, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

I remember my war being able to crit and one shot naggy in classic. Devs plz fix. I swear I remember this way.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember my war being able to crit and one shot naggy in classic. Devs plz fix. I swear I remember this way.
Lol
Old 11-18-2019, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.. I remember your name well. You had about 300 corpses at naggies feet. We just watched and wondered how drunk you were.
Closed Thread