Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Using a dot to kill, camping out before death to avoid faction hit question

As the title infers ~ I am curious what happens to a mob and their corpse if you camp out before their death, after doting them for the kill. Does the mobs corpse just poof away or does it fall to the ground having the poof timer to loot like normal? Just curious if anyone has tested this. This could be a well know method of killing for all I know, just never done it/read about it myself. Thanks for any response that's helpful, cheers!
Old 11-03-2019, 05:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Pretty sure when you camp or go LD all your spells wear off on any mobs.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:55 PM
Kobold

If it dies with no player having hurt it still in the zone, it poofs.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

Ahh ok, I had that suspicion and was about to add that to the scenario above, only the person doting was killing it. Thanks for the quick reply and confirming what I was guessing. Shame though, might of been a new way for me to get some kills that I normally have to avoid hehe.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified Wood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh ok, I had that suspicion and was about to add that to the scenario above, only the person doting was killing it. Thanks for the quick reply and confirming what I was guessing. Shame though, might of been a new way for me to get some kills that I normally have to avoid hehe.
Are you a necro? Cause you can kill without faction hits on them.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Nope, I am not a necromancer. I do have a druid so I guess in the scenario outlined above I was thinking about that class. I am curious what you mean by them not taking a faction hit. FD? Just pet attacking?
Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

What are the mobs OP? If its a city faction, you can trash it and bank around the wall in most cities. As a druid you just need one city that can do things like food/drink/etc anyway [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm a typically evil faction player, and the faction issues aren't that limiting if you're used to them.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

I remember zoning out to avoid faction hits back when I started and was duoing with a friend. Course I didn't get exp.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

I did not actually have something specific in mind when asking. Was just a random thought that I was curious about is all. Does not harm/solve any real issue I was having. Thanks for the reply's though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2019, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrified Wood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, I am not a necromancer. I do have a druid so I guess in the scenario outlined above I was thinking about that class. I am curious what you mean by them not taking a faction hit. FD? Just pet attacking?
I havent done it in sometime on my necro, but if i recall right, you had to back pet off, make sure the mob wwas dottted up, and stay FD before it dies.
Closed Thread