Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a lot of "I remember it being this way and so that's how it was and should be" without posting any actual evidence.

Always surprising how people will grab their pitchforks over something and be so adamant about something that they can't even find evidence for.
How can you post evidence of something that didn't need to be fixed? Most patches are to nerf or change something. How can I prove that something worked? It's kind of a catch 22.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So confused by this post. When on Blue have you seen tanks not be needed in raids? lol
When folks start clearing the planes, they'll likely use charmed pets for everything. It is just easier. Majority of DPS will also come from charmed pets given the high number of chanters on green/teal and trash level gear classic gives melee dps/tanks.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

The imp wasn't even tanking at all so I don't know what dude is talking about. They kept a tank up for like 10 minutes. Charm is just necessary when none of your dps can even do anything because of level and gear.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
When folks start clearing the planes, they'll likely use charmed pets for everything. It is just easier. Majority of DPS will also come from charmed pets
This is true in PoP, an era people agree charm got better because of AA and better charm spells. Except charm wasn't used in every raid or group. Despite being able to charm mobs in fire that don't summon and quad for nearly 800, people didn't charm on raids and most table groups were kite groups. Why is that?
Old 11-18-2019, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you post evidence of something that didn't need to be fixed? Most patches are to nerf or change something. How can I prove that something worked? It's kind of a catch 22.
I'm not a coding expert, but I assume most if not all of what is on P99 is based on some sort of source coding. So, if you think Charm is overpowered compared to what it was on live at launch, then it's probably based on EQ code from a time when Charm was that powerful. If that code is from later in the timeline, then presumably there would be some sort of patch note or evidence at some point saying that they had upgraded the effectiveness of Charm.

If evidence of the claims can't be presented, then it has to be presumed that the current coding is accurate for the classic era. For every person who says that they're 100% sure that something worked X way, there's another person who says they're 100% sure it worked Y way. Personal memories or anecdotes are insufficient to change something. That's just the way it is.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm not a coding expert, but I assume most if not all of what is on P99 is based on some sort of source coding. So, if you think Charm is overpowered compared to what it was on live at launch, then it's probably based on EQ code from a time when Charm was that powerful.
So we don't know and that's fine. Ultimately this is whatever the admins want it to be. Considering it is free and well run, that's a great deal.

But I do wonder where they got their numbers/code regarding not just Charm, but lull, resists, etc.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true in PoP, an era people agree charm got better because of AA and better charm spells. Except charm wasn't used in every raid or group. Despite being able to charm mobs in fire that don't summon and quad for nearly 800, people didn't charm on raids and most table groups were kite groups. Why is that?
I really can't speak to PoP and why people did things. I quit during that era.

I'm just saying, get ready for charm DPS/tanking in the classic planes. Given the huge numbers of chanters it would foolish to rely on 9/31 rogue DPS or 8/24 yaks when you have 100+ hitting mobs a chanter can easily charm/haste. One druid can keep ensnare on a ton of charmed mobs and bam, easy mode.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm just saying, get ready for charm DPS/tanking in the classic planes. Given the huge numbers of chanters it would foolish to rely on 9/31 rogue DPS or 8/24 yaks when you have 100+ hitting mobs a chanter can easily charm/haste. One druid can keep ensnare on a ton of charmed mobs and bam, easy mode.
Easy mode? No thanks. I'll stick to the classic way and face the wall before i lose all my packets.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Honestly, I'm with you. Why make it harder on yourself relying on players for tanking/dps? You have murder gorillas in fear ready to help you mow trash down for lewtz and access to CT as fast as possible.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Of course you will have DPS from Charmed mobs. But I have never seen a planar raid rely on charmed mobs as a main tank lol, that's just dumb to say.
Closed Thread