Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 08:12 PM
Kobold

I did something like 34 hours pushing to 50 on P99 Blue. It was 10 years ago so it wasn't really a big deal or anything, nowadays I can barely stay up past 10 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Maybe 18 hours back when it was new.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like 5-6 hours? I've never really stayed on P99 except plain old longer play sessions. No marathon camps even for Tecmos's Verina Tomb iirc.

You guys are insane.
Only 5-6 hours? I call bs coming from a guy who has averaged over 2 posts per day on the forums for over 7 years... you have binged this game atleast once like the rest of us.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only 5-6 hours? I call bs coming from a guy who has averaged over 2 posts per day on the forums for over 7 years... you have binged this game atleast once like the rest of us.
Not that I can recall man. I camped jboots on blue during classic and it took like 7-8 hours, but I definitely took a bunch of 20-minute cat naps on my office floor between spawns. And when I did VT, it took all night to find her near the end of her window, but iirc India was there the whole time and some other A-Team people came in and out helping keep an eye on her and had my # to text, so I didn't even stay up the whole time for that.

I really don't think I've ever played more than 5-6 hours in a sitting without sleep breaks. I may be online for 10 hours many days but it's playing for 10 minutes, afk 10 minutes, repeat. I rarely even play for 90 minutes sitting at the computer the whole time. Posts are probably 50/50 from my phone when I'm not even at home, let alone on p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 06:08 AM
Aviak

IDK if this is the longest, but spent about 12 hours at #1 on manastone list and no drop. Took screenshots of all(?) the "/list afk ####" prompts that seem to pop up once an hour or so. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

82 hours while on leave in the Marines, around Luclin, right before PoP. Mostly just caffeine, but probably also the pre-Ephedra-ban Hydroxycut too. Not nearly as much as my peers though. Some dumbasses were snorting that stuff. Back during the early Iraq/Afghanistan war era, everyone was amped on the stuff, like Rip Fuel and worse. We had a Gunny cardiac out and die during a PT run from too much of it.

On the blue server, I think around 32ish on a mega roll when me, Stoneeye, Oogthwack, and a few others (maybe Ereaon and Summanus as well?) all got together for a P1999 LAN party back in like, 2010 I think. Maybe 2015? I can't remember. I don't even remember how we managed to get that many IP exemptions for that weekend for so many EQ players here in one spot, but it was a awesome time.

On the green sever, 27 hours. Went from level 6 to 10 duoing with my buddy Riky. We dicked off a lot though. I've never been an efficient EQ player.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Last edited by Thulghor; 11-18-2019 at 10:43 AM..
Old 11-18-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Probably 24 hours back on live. Never did anything like that on P99 though. Have no interest in spending that amount of time on an emulated server :P
Old 11-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Yikes.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_jake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
13 days, tried for 2 weeks but fell asleep with meth pipe and lighter in hand lol. Sometimes there ain't a damn thing you can do about it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds unbelievably absurd but for some reason I believe it.. lol.

Reminds me of this box army guy who did meth and farmed dragons on one of the TLP servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4-5 days straight no sleep trying to level my paladin... I kept nodding off around day 5 into straight dreams got freaky a few times I didn't know if I was awake or asleep
Lmao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
82 hours while on leave in the Marines, around Luclin, right before PoP. Mostly just caffeine, but probably also the pre-Ephedra-ban Hydroxycut too.
This is what I imagine when I think of the people who reach the level cap first.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobold

31 hours and counting at the green manastone camp. I am way too old for this crap!