Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-28-2024, 11:07 PM
Large Bat

I had this same issue. For me the answer was: you have to be in first person. Looking up in 3rd person did not make me swim above the water. But when you're in first person view you can look up and you swim that way, and eventually climb out.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurura_B [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At first, I thought it was due to having too much bag/item weight on her. So I ran back to the corpse with nothing and jumped in to get her.

Except I could not stay above water again.. sank right down even though I had nothing on me. Drowned again.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? (Go easy on me, hadn't swam in EQ in many years)[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since you haven't said where exactly this happened, can't say for sure this will work, but maybe just maybe as long as it is not a huge pond, you could use the corpse command and drag the bodies to a place on land where it doesn't matter how you avoid drowning?
Old 01-29-2024, 05:05 AM
Banned

To add to the excellent advice already given, remember that EverQuest’s environments are designed with intricate details, where even the smallest actions, like the orientation of your character or their stance, can have significant consequences. The tips about using the "Page
Old 01-29-2024, 03:47 PM
Banned

You can swim more easily in first person view by scrolling the mouse wheel all the way up. This aligns your swimming direction with your camera view, allowing you to swim towards the surface by looking upwards. To exit water, look up, though a different exit point may be needed if the surface is too high. Alternatively, in third person view, use the page up and page down keys to swim upwards or downwards, respectively.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Ducks float.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:42 AM
Banned

Gnomes are especially handicap in this area.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Lower guk after swim on dead side. BR? I think i ALWAYS jump out and land in fkn middle of the room.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salathor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had this same issue. For me the answer was: you have to be in first person. Looking up in 3rd person did not make me swim above the water. But when you're in first person view you can look up and you swim that way, and eventually climb out.
In third person you are making the camera, not the character look up.

If you've kept default binds you can make the character look up while in third person by holding the 'page up' button.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-30-2024, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

My character got stuck in lava today cos a Fire giant summoned me into geometry from which my toon couldn't move.

WTB red rez in soldungb @ LS zl.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung