Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 02-19-2024, 02:53 PM
Aviak

mage is the most brain dead

necro is easier but you have to remember to take off lich, which makes it not-brain dead, and to be super effective you need to charm, which again is not a brain dead activity

mage if you truly want brain dead
Old 02-19-2024, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect.

There are single spawn mobs you can easily solo 51-60 on mage.

Next.
You can solo to 60 on a Rogue too. Doesn't mean it will be a fast or pleasant experience. All classes can solo to 60 if they want. Op wants to know what is easiest. Mage is going to feel more painful in the mid 50s.
Old 02-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can solo to 60 on a Rogue too. Doesn't mean it will be a fast or pleasant experience. All classes can solo to 60 if they want. Op wants to know what is easiest. Mage is going to feel more painful in the mid 50s.
Nope, but I ain't spilling the good spots! Gotta use the wiki like a champ and figure it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2024, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, but I ain't spilling the good spots! Gotta use the wiki like a champ and figure it out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure what your point is here. Necros have more camp options than Mages. That makes it easier for OP to pick whichever spot they prefer.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Congratulations, you have posted something so asinine that it brought out me out of retirement to call you a donkey.

Donkey.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Patience, or mental instability and unemployment, ask DSM he knows
Old 02-22-2024, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

How to level to 60: kill mobs that you can kill before they kill you.

You're welcome.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:12 AM
Aviak

wizard lol

explode a single mob -> sit for a few minutes -> repeat til 60
Old 03-15-2024, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Choose wizard if you want to be able to decide the zone in which you nuke one mob (or more correctly 4) then med to full.
It's all about choice.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even though I have played EQ a ton since march 1999, I have never once leveled past 51. I want to do it at least once and have the class that can do it solo, semi afk, and the easiest (no skill). Recommendation on class and then level path 51-60. Thanks!
Solo, Semi AFK and no skill: Druid, Wizard, Mage, Necro (Fear Kite/Root Rot), Shaman.

Druid and Wizard: Snare 4 mobs, pool them in a tight group and use Targeted AE spells to burn them down, AFK for 5-10 mins to med and repeat. Both of these classes can do this starting at 29(Wiz - Bonds of Force: first snare) and 34(Dru - Lightning Strike: first decent Targeted AE spell)

Mage: Burn one/two mobs down with mana and pet. Make sure to nuke at least 50% of damage so pet doesn't steal exp. AFK for 5-10 mins to med and repeat. Way less active than Dru or Wiz because you don't even have to move, really.

Necro (Fear Kite/Root Rot): Pull a mob, snare it, fear it. Stack it up with DoTs. Keep refreshing fear / snare when it fades. As it gets close to (50%) from DoTs, send pet in - finish it by keeping it snared, feared and pet attacking. AFK when you need mana. Root rot is self-explanatory. I usually don't use a pet for root rot strategy, because the pet takes lots of damage and can't even go toe-to-toe with a mob under 50% at level 51+

Shaman: Root rotting as Shaman is super easy. Root, stack DoTs. Cannibalize and Bind Wound while you wait to refresh DoTs to increase efficiency. If you feel frisky, slow it with Turgur's and send the pet in around 70%. Pet will need heals though and it's annoying. AFK to regen back up / med between fights.

Solo, Semi AFK and some skill: Enchanter, Necro (Charm).
Necro (Charm): Charm an undead, sick it on another (preferably undead) in zone like Karnor's Castle, City of Mist, Howling Stones. Break charm before the charmed pet kills the target, finish both with Lifetap / Undead Nuke. (Or haste / torch the charmed pet, and mem blur it while its your pet. To break charm: Root target, back off pet, feign death and let pet heal and reuse on another target. Lifetap / Nuke target <-- Most efficient method, I've found due to hasted/torched pet killing mobs much more quickly)Only requires minimal skill. Very easy, pretty fun. Feign death and AFK safely in most places for as long as you need.

Enchanter: Same strategy as Necro, but with more reliable tools (longer lasting Mez, universal Mem Blur, universal Pacify, universal Charm, PBAE Stun) If you're after bulk exp: charm a mob, send it into a group. Root everything, and break charm as pet gets low. Choose a new pet from the group (nuke old pet or let new pet finish it), rinse and repeat until the group is dead. (finish off last mob with nuke) This method is super effective for fast exp But it's much more active than any of the other strategies.

Alternatively, you could pick a place with only a few spawns (3-5 or so). Charm and kill them down one by one, then AFK to med until respawns. This requires a little less activity, minimal skill - but some bravery because Ench is missing feign death.
Last edited by zelld52; 03-15-2024 at 12:51 PM..