Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people need to make peace with the fact that the reason classic EQ was so rewarding was because it was so unforgiving.
That's not true at all. It's the Risk vs. Reward equation that the game offers.

Having the difficulty, with absolutely NO REWARDS defeats that purpose entirely. And this is the case with research-only pets. There's literally NO WAY to acquire them yourself without purchasing the extremely-rare, randomly-dropped, mats from other players.

It's 100% pure luck and nothing more. Go hop on Blue99, a server that's been running for TEN YEARS, and let me know how easy it is to find enough components for a SINGLE researched spell.

So Magicians are required to Research ALL pets post-20, because "Classic." Fine. They should also then be updated so that pets accrue ZERO experience as long as the player deals at least one point of damage AND giving them specific weapons should also change their attack speed.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 10-29-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 04:33 PM
Sarnak

It will never cease to amaze me how people that invest countless hours posting biased and/or partial evidence influence the game.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Banned

Sorry you can’t research
Old 10-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you can’t research
It's funny, you talking about how Mages are "overpowered," considering you play a fucking IKSAR MONK in Velious era.

Really sucks having wasted the entirety of launch weekend. NEVER would have rolled a Magician had I known this ahead of time. Oh well. NO WAY I'm doing the level 1-10 worst-part-of-the-game grind again!

Good luck yall!
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 10-29-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 04:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My necro on blue leveled 20-29 using the lvl 20 pet. I couldn't ever get the lvl 24pet words to drop nor could I find anyone selling/vendors that had the words for sale. It was tedious, yes. Frustrating, yes. However when I got that 29 pet wooee did I feel powerful. Keep at it. Find caster mobs that your pet can taunt just long enough for you to blow them up w/nukes. That's how I did it and necro nuke at 24 is even crappier than mage nuke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Also this is my first toon on P99 so I was wearing zippo twink gear aside from what I could buy cheap from Ecommons splitting plat pieces. You'll get a deeper understanding of how to flex your character. Muscle it out!
Last edited by piraet119; 10-29-2019 at 04:53 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEVER would have rolled a Magician had I known this ahead of time.
Good luck yall!
i mean research kinda sucks i agree but dude you had plenty of time and ways to know it was gonna be this way.

also, its not as bad as a multiple page thread makes it out to be. Plenty of us researched pets and other spells 1st time around on blue. Sure you are not going to get your new pet right away or even today. But you will get it. Just need more folks to catch up and start trading words and runes.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Magicians are required to Research ALL pets post-20, because "Classic." Fine. They should also then be updated so that pets accrue ZERO experience as long as the player deals at least one point of damage AND giving them specific weapons should also change their attack speed.
1) The pet exp mechanic you think is classic was a Luclin change. Rich Waters explains it here.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=960

2) Magician pets couldn't wield weapons of any type until January 2000. They couldn't dual wield till then either.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=335906

In short you have no idea what you're talking about.
Last edited by Dolalin; 10-29-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Old 10-29-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

Anyone saying research is hard is mad / bad / sad.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean research kinda sucks i agree but dude you had plenty of time and ways to know it was gonna be this way.

also, its not as bad as a multiple page thread makes it out to be. Plenty of us researched pets and other spells 1st time around on blue. Sure you are not going to get your new pet right away or even today. But you will get it. Just need more folks to catch up and start trading words and runes.
Mage pet research also requires the PREVIOUS-level pet spell. So if you wanna research a level 34 pet you'll actually have to research four pet spells to do so.

Why are Mages being SELECTIVELY nerfed to make them "Classic?" If that's what we're doing here then Mage pets should steal ZERO XP as long as the owner deals just one point of damage - THAT is ALSO "Classic!"
Old 10-29-2019, 04:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If that's what we're doing here then Mage pets should steal ZERO XP as long as the owner deals just one point of damage - THAT is ALSO "Classic!"
Except it isn't. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread