Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Pathing

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Default Thurgadin/Icewell pathing

The guards at the entrance of Thurgadin like to fall through the bridge when fleeing. Fraps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yuVE...ature=youtu.be

This doesn't seem to happen when they're just aggro'd on me and I run them through there. Only seems to happen to fleeing guards.

Icewell keep pathing is totally superfucked

The two guards at the front don't seem to reset correctly. Guards don't seem to reset correctly inside, either, but I don't have fraps of that yet.

First fraps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPbuN...ature=youtu.be

I tagged a mob near the entrance to the castle and zoned them off -- coming back in you can see the two sentrys at the front reseting but not actually reseting to their posts - one just stands around all dumb and the other runs into the wall until he goes poof.

Second fraps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NzRn...ature=youtu.be

I again tagged a mob near the entrance and zoned them all. You can again see the front sentrys being dumb, and another mob in the distance running into a bridge until he poofs.

When running past the two sentrys at the front they will aggro and reappear where they should be.

I've seen the guards "reset" to the bridge before as well - they just stand on the bridge and I'm not able to target them/aggro them. It looks like they reset to their actual location, but they are visible in some other spot (ie, standing where they should but graphically appearing elsewhere). sneaky fuckers!

Also, looting seems to be a pain in the ballbag here. Can't really just right click and loot anything - have to have it targeted first otherwise it won't work.

Can't really go in too deep and observe pathing because I get merked too quickly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Need a monk!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Developer

Bridge areas are tricky and it's possible I missed a node connection. I've been on a business trip for a few weeks and still have 2 weeks left, but I'll check it out as soon as I get back.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Developer

Back home, but these videos no longer exist
Old 05-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Didn't think any attention would be given to this - I nuked the videos two weeks ago or so. Don't have the originals anymore either.

Basically.. aggro shit, pull it around, watch it go nuts.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

videos work now, sorry about that

turns out I just had to re-enable my account
Old 06-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Developer

They are set to private
Old 06-01-2014, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

gdi I hate youtube

should work now..?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Alunova,

I know you previously set up Dain to path straight down the well, but I'm not sure if this is a correct implementation of Dain's pathing. It looks like that particular path may have been a 2003 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I created the path file I also made a specific path down the well so this would be possible, but it still needs to be tested.

None of the pulling guides talk about a straight down the well pull. Each of them discusses getting him to the bridge out in front of the castle over the ice and getting him to warp down.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010421....shtml?id=5486

Quote:
RE: How Do You Pull Dain ?? IVBy: Anonymous
Posted @ Thu, Mar 8th 8:35 AMScore: Default[2.00]
I have a head ache pulled him for 3 hrs and due to wonderful pathing
couldnt get him down the well
.... any tips would be great thanks..
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...c/MTFyv5qDfVoJ

Quote:
The problem with Dain is that he banishes people to the bottom of the
well. So if you fought him in the throne room, you'd eventually run out
of melee to kill him. So the standard practice is to fight Dain down
below so that when melee get banished, they can run back and join the
fight.

How Dain is normally pulled (in simplified form) is to have a Monk
aggro him and then jump down the well. Dain freaks out and makes it out
to the front. Monk is under the ice and Dain warps down through the ice
onto Monk, Monk runs Dain to Raid.
http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...ead.php?t=8820

Quote:

Tactic 2:

1. Make a group with a mage/cleric/fd pullers.(one SK is good)

2. Have raid wait down in well.

3. Pullers, get aggro from Dain and pull him outside onto the bridge. After some practice it's easy enough to get him there. You need a good amount of aggro to get dain off of the bridge and onto the ice...this is where the SK comes in. Once he is on ice have a paladin use a stun from down in the well (yes,you can hit him from under the ice).

4. All pullers FD once dain is stunned. He will warp down into the well where the raid is waiting.

5. Mage who was CoHing at zone entrance (in case a monk gets banished) runs into well and CoH's all the pullers down so they can join in the fun.

6. Kill dain (may have an add or 2...if you cant handle a guard as an add you probably shouldnt be doing dain anyways)

7. Loot up.

It seems that his pathing was updated in 2003 to go straight down the well.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forum...highlight=dain
Quote:
New pathing Dain pulls
Currently farming Dain, killed post patch and here's the scoop -

No more warp from the ice pull!

Guards and Dain followed me down the well to the pit, easiest pull ever on this guy. Here's what I did, worked great:

1. Pull a couple guards at a time with a shuriken tag, jump down well, get on land and sit, several (2-3) will drop on you, then FD. Have paladin's tank guards if Sene or Chamberlain comes, otherwise kill all. Don't single guards they repop too fast.

2. Once you clear all but Dain (if he comes early just FD he'll go home with all guards, tell your tagger to hold for tag on all pulls just in case), coh a warrior up with you to the bridge out front. Have mage invis you both, run up to throne room. Send in warrior to attack and take banish, then range hit Dain, jump down well, kill.

I like pathing change ).
Quote:
hahha confirmed me and a monk guildie were pulling him. dain jumped down with 12 guards and killed my guildie. however we had a couple of "exploring" guildmates the brought dain and his army to the camp. nice fun all out war we had.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each of them discusses getting him to the bridge out in front of the castle over the ice and getting him to warp down.
This may not be possible here. I can break the path very easily and let people figure out a new way though.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each of them discusses getting him to the bridge out in front of the castle over the ice and getting him to warp down.
This is how we always did it on live.

Pull Dain out onto the bridge and have someone below tag.

It wouldn't always work either, there was something messed up with the nodes to get him to do that. Sometimes he would just go apeshit and never get down there. Had to be in a certain spot to make it work.
Closed Thread