Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 01:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got into a king group geared scrubby with my paladin at 57 and frankly was surprised. Maybe my luck is just bad but in about 40hrs of that camp total between live and P99 I’ve never seen him spawn once.

I’m with the rest. Keep grinding. Try to get your epic. Use that to farm plat or port people. I’d rather get into the high 50’s and do Crypt/Emp and try my luck for a jbb, heiro cloak, or money spell. Plus at 56 with a escape staff a Druid is a nice edition to that team.
Rule of thumb is it's almost always better / faster to farm plat for purchases instead of trying to farm the actual item itself, especially if it's something you have to roll against others for.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got into a king group geared scrubby with my paladin at 57 and frankly was surprised. Maybe my luck is just bad but in about 40hrs of that camp total between live and P99 I’ve never seen him spawn once.

I’m with the rest. Keep grinding. Try to get your epic. Use that to farm plat or port people. I’d rather get into the high 50’s and do Crypt/Emp and try my luck for a jbb, heiro cloak, or money spell. Plus at 56 with a escape staff a Druid is a nice edition to that team.
I'd say that's pretty horrible luck, assuming that your groups were good enough to constantly keep down the PH. I've witnessed king be continuously camped for an entire weekend (Friday Morning to sunday night) without spawning once. I've also seen back to back to back tunics, 3 cycles 3 tunics. And back to back tunics 5+ times. If I had to guess, I'd say king has a 1/8 chance of spawning.

That being said, when I camped it a lot, if I wasn't just duoing, that camp is much more fun with a full group. The shrooms can drop a lot of good spells + the ultra ultra ultra rare cobalt bracer. (I've seen like 3 drop ever, and i've done the camp a stupid amount of hours). I've invited level 52 druids to my king groups. But, you'd be pretty close to useless.. especially without your epic.

If I were you, and I was starting fresh on blue, i'd level an enchanter to 60 before any other class. It really is the best class outside of raids. It will be very easy to twink up an enchanter. And once you level it, you can get allll the plat you need to make any sick twink you'd like =)

But, if you're deadset on a melee toon, just do ports and powerlevels =)
Old 01-05-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

great trick for getting a king group when you're too low is to go /anon
Old 01-05-2021, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great trick for getting a king group when you're too low is to go /anon
Excellent trick. I leveled my rogue from 46 to 60 in Sebilis, obviously advertising my services as a level 55 rogue.

I had epic and stuff though..
Old 01-06-2021, 08:46 AM
Sarnak

I think the OP got the message after the first couple posts telling him he's too low. Lmao.
Old 01-06-2021, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

OP someone needs to tell you the truth. You're probably never getting a king group as a druid unless you make a guild group, esp sub 60
Old 01-06-2021, 10:53 AM
Banned

Yeah king is basically a duo / trio camp now....none of which need a druid.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

I mean, I've had druids in my king groups before. But yeah, usually 60 (58+ at any rate) and almost always guildies. Top end of this game is where it pays off to have made some friends along the way.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:39 PM
Kobold

I had a druid in my king group once. He did a few spot heals and not much else. Then he won the fungi.
Old 01-06-2021, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

Dude just kill 2,619 Felwithe guards