Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Default lvling zones that peeps follow to lvl up

so what is the direction of zones people go to lvl? like what are the popular zones for lvling/grouping from lvl 10-60?
Old 01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

I hate to say it but everywhere I go 10-16/18 that isnt oasis, always ends up being the oasis after I decide I just want to get through my teens asap.

But then Mistmoor/solA to 36, SolB to 60.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Banned

newbie zone -> GUK -> raiding =)
Old 01-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Banned

5-18 CB
18-31 Perma
31-45 CT/kaesora
46-60 Hole

This is the gravy train for fast exp.
Last edited by Zipity; 01-06-2021 at 07:09 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

I spent most of my time on Faydwer so

Gfay to Butcher to Orc Hill to Chessboard / Crushbone to Unrest and well I soloed in unrest till like level 40 then did feerrot specters then lguk most recently. I never end up spending much time in Mistmoor.

There are a ton of great leveling paths. On live PVP I spend basically the high teens to the 30's in the Karanas which is a beautiful big place to enjoy the game. When Velious came out I soloed cougars in iceclad with panic animal on my ranger and was going to do some bigger beasts in great divide. I did a lot of soloing in isolated places on Rallos Zek in order to avoid getting murdered. I soloed Sirens in ocean of tears which is scary because if you do get in a fight its going to be a bad place to die but most murderers weren't patrolling lonely spikey islands in the middle of no where.

On live non PVP I did the above route but hit frontier mountains in the 30's then dreadlands in the 40's and never went into Karnor's which would have been the next step during the kunark time period.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

This is my hyper detailed one:

I like 1-5 newbie zone, get full inventory with leatherworking and a scimitar and shield or whatever.

5-10 or so in Befallen, because that's like 45 minuets of grinding.

10-16 Oasis or West Karana bandits. Enchanter always oasis, because charming crocks is the easiest thing ever.

16-20 Unrest/Mistmoore

20-36 Mistmoore/sola/perma depending if I want to travel, or just grind, if just grind its best to stay in MM imo

36-44 Sol B

44-49 Guk (get some lewts and its easy grinding at that level)

50+ solB/Kunark
Old 01-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Group_Hunting_Spots is meant to answer this question, but it's a bit of a work in progress at the moment. If anyone feels motivated to improve it, please do so (it's a wiki!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-06-2021 at 08:33 PM..
Old 01-07-2021, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

For some nice quiet, afk between a couple mobs exp, i've been chilling out in Qenos catacombs.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

I've literally never seen one person leveling in Kaesora on this server. Went down there a lot to camp Xalgoz over the course of December and not once in like a dozen sessions was anybody under level 50 ever in the zone.

Guk seems mostly deserted as well, top and bottom. I leveled a character through the 20s recently and never managed to find a group there. Lowbie trolls and someone camping the croc was usually all I saw. Haven't seen much traffic in MM, either.

Unrest is the hotspot for the 20s and maybe 30s. CT has been popular as well for 40ish, there's usually a group on top of the pyramid. I didn't check Permafrost at all, but it's such a hassle to get to that I'd be surprised if it's brimming with groups. DL often has a small group behind Karnor's as well, but it doesn't seem consistent.

There's surprisingly not that much grouping going on, considering the population breaks 1.2k every evening. Most people are probably still getting their mains to 60.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Depends on the class really. Druids and wizards will want to quad kite... enchanters will want to solo in high ZEM dungeons... melee and healers will want high group activity zones.

You also have to consider zones with quests that give big boosts to exp as you're killing mobs. North karana lightstones, Crushbone belts, gnoll scrolls, etc.

I'm grinding out 50 as quick as I can on my monk. he's highly twinked and I go to the quickest exp zones I know... this has been my path so far:

1-15 Befallen (w/ a brazier of elemental summoning... took like 4-5 hours)
15-20 Kurn's tower (first floor is uber crowded since kunark release obviously, so didn't come here until I could do top floor and basement. knocked out pieces of the shackle quest as well durign this range)
20-30 Runnyeye (this was the first time I've done this zone and it's the quickest exp I've seen. It's definitely important to learn the zone to find the right spots to fight)
30-35 Cazic Thule gators (so easy with a huge ZEM)
I'm 35 right now and doing more CT. I'll probably do most of 35-40 in Splitpaw judges area though. 40-50 is kedge keep sharks territory.

Lots of options really at each of these phases though. This was just my latest route and I was going for quickest exp gain without much option for quests as an iksar.
Closed Thread