Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

You can never have too many alts.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:18 PM
Banned

Large-scale raiding is pointless and also completely unrewarding to me. I wonder why people do it?

First off, there is absolutely zero challenge. ZERO. Zero zero zero zero. Point zero. You swarm the mob and it goes down in 7.5 seconds every time. If anything goes wrong, like some idiot trains the zone, then it's literally a 10 minute setback. The entire raid has been done 600 times before so there is no deviation. It's rote.

Second, any gear you get is useless. You are already on the raid and the boss is gonna go down in 7.5 seconds with or without your Magical Super Club. And that Magical Super Club feels worthless to you because it was handed to your for showing up. You got enough points for simply showing up, here it is. Cherish your participation trophy, don't worry no one is going to parse the logs to find out you did nothing of substance.

I keep track of people as a hobby. I fill up mule friends lists with names of known high level people in various guilds just to see where they go, what they're doing. I'll tell you what they're doing. They're quitting. They churn rate is tremendous. I have a hundred people over 55 I never see any more and I've only been doing this for two months. I see them join various guilds, then I see them in a couple of raids, then they're no longer online. The core, the leadership as it were, they stick around. And around them swirl dozens of newcomers every week, never to be seen in a months time.

I know why. Because there is no challenge. They are fed this fantasy all their leveling life that the raiding life awaits them, the can help kill the dragons and get super loot! And when they get there they realize that the only challenge is showing up on time. But they keep coming because they have been conditioned that this is the end-game and then they quit because the end-game is a chore.

It seems like the leadership runs these raids not for the loot. They run these to become better middle managers and deliver the project on time. The satisfaction they get is increasing the ROI so the Big Boss goes down in less time than projections have showed. And you are just a temp, without benefits and health insurance, working in their office building.

I had people on my lists from smaller guilds who were swallowed by the larger guilds so they could raid. Guess what? Those folks are gone, the vast majority of them. Looks like the lawn was brown on the other side of the fence too.

I have no idea why people dont understand this guys post, blue / green is so pointless and dumb i wish some of you would try red

i cant tell you how many times we had a nice pvp battle then a very narrow window to speed kill trak, and if you screw up you are going to have a hard time getting bodies

So much more fun knowing other guilds can port in and attack you while your doing something like talendor or gore. Try red guys, gear MATTERS and with low pop you can small man dragons and everything is up

PS NTOV hasnt been cleared in months and tune needs fresh meat
Old 01-12-2021, 06:38 PM
Orc

I've not given this much thought, but makes sense to me now.

Hear me out...

Suppose all the current raid rules magically disappear and consequences to breaking those rules are null and void. Everyone's raid /petitions are ignored and deleted. The raid scene is left to sort itself out (kind of like a free market).

You train a raid? Well, most likely, someone in that raid will retaliate and fudge with your raid in some form or another. Eventually everyone will figure out how to work together, after constantly being denied loot time and time again.

It's relatively easy to ensure mutual destruction in a scene like that.

Say 1 guild becomes absolutely dominate and gets all the phat lootz. Eventually everyone will flock to that particular guild and it will inevitably self implode from pixel lust/insurrection. Maybe, a crap ton of smaller/less effective guilds join together to ensure that dominating guild is unable to raid? Then that alliance starts to dominate. Eventually infighting will happen and it will fall apart.

From my short time here, I've seen P99 is very "Era" oriented. Winners will fall and others will take their place. Competition tends to drive innovation.

Just a thought. Feel free to shit on it.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:53 PM
Banned

Suppose all the current raid rules magically disappear and consequences to breaking those rules are null and void. Everyone's raid /petitions are ignored and deleted. The raid scene is left to sort itself out (kind of like a free market).

Red server
Old 01-12-2021, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Green 2.0 but planes, raid zones and other zones with raid mobs become pvp zones prior and during engages.
Closed Thread